Who’s down for a Downton Abbey marathon this weekend? Are you? PLEASE SAY YES. I’ve been re-watching the series all week long (currently on Season 4) in preparation for seeing the movie, and seriously, I’ve watched SO MUCH over the past few days that I may start speaking with a hoity-toity aristocratic English accent.
All of this recent Downton-ing has reaffirmed my belief that the Dowager Countess is the Unofficial Queen of Shade. Her lines are the best!
I think I also need this unofficial Downton Abbey cookbook, too, just so I can cook my way through all the scones recipes in Chapter 8.
On that note, I think I need to swing by the bakery for a scone… While I do that, here’s your reading for the week:
- I’ve officially seen it all, because rage yoga — where pigeon pose includes profanity, and warrior one 👿 comes with a war cry — is now a thing.
- A brief guide to Asian restaurants, according to my doppelganger, Ali Wong.
- 7 male actors, musicians and models embrace some seriously epic makeup looks.
- According to funeral director Evie Vargas, applying makeup on the deceased is really not that much different than doing it on the living.
- Just in case you have $400k sitting around and you want a makeover from Kim K’s MUA…
- Moani Lee, makeup artist to country music mega stars Kacey Musgraves and Miranda Lambert (among others), talks about the skincare and makeup she relies on flawless skin.
- Katie Jane Hughes shows you how to do winged liner on hooded eyes.
- Photographer Stefan Draschan camps out for days in museums to catch people wearing clothes that match the paintings, and the results are all kinds of fabulous. (The Monet pic is my favorite.)
- Did anybody else schedule their college classes so they could be home in time to watch Days of Our Lives? This writer’s college experience in the ’90s rings so true. (Although I have to disagree about babydoll dresses. I loved ’em then, and still love them now.)
- Alexx Mayo gets to touch Lizzo’s face (he’s her makeup artist)!
- How a Chanel perfume is made…
- Did you know that there’s a niche world of perfumes made by car companies?
- Birkenstock (yes, the shoe company) is launching a skin care line.
- The story behind the music of Downton Abbey.
- Found my next vacation!
Welcome to Downton Abbey.
Speaking of the ’90s…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,