“The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.”
Remember those commercials? I always laugh at that jingle because the best part of waking up for me has always been falling back asleep, ha ha ha! ?
Good morning to ya, and happy Caturday. ❤️? Who needs another cup of coffee? I’m not drinking my standard-issue Folger’s today (Team Simply-Smooth-4-Life!) because another blend wooed me away. It’s called Royal Kona Vanilla Macadamia Nut 10% Kona Coffee Blend, and I found a bag stashed away in the back of my cupboard last month (I’m on a mission to finish all of the random bags of coffee in my life before I buy a new bag). Now it’s my favorite! It’s smooth and rich and has a subtle nutty vanilla flavor.
MAN, it’s SO good! I usually have it with either milk or Vanilla Premier Protein, because black coffee tastes like punishment…
And the best thing about it? It doesn’t give me the shakes. I can drink cup after cup after cup and not feel jittery.
Try it! ☕
OK, now while I get down with my coffee, you can get down with this’ week’s weekly reading.
- Anyone want to come with me to Amsterdam to visit this houseboat of cats? Anyone…?
- Shiny, pretty things are on deck for the holidays over at MAC.
- Speaking of Make-Up Art Cosmetics, this is how Ruby Woo Lipstick looks on 16 different skin tones.
- Lots of eyeshadow palettes on sale at Ulta right now, and some are up to 50% off.
- There’s a cute new K-beauty line at Sephora called Kaja.
- 5 ways to show your cat(s) you love them.
- I’m really interested in the Obagi Nu-Derm System ($428!!!). It’s a 7-step skincare collection that uses prescription-strength hydroquinone to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Since we’re on the subject o’ skin care, here’s a dermatologist’s take on the main acids to know about when you’re considering skin care products and in-office peels.
- Deborah Lippmann’s fave dark nail polishes for fall.
- According to Vogue, you’re nailing it (ha ha ha) if you’re painting your paws with coppery metallic polish this season.
- I blogged about the Frida Kahlo makeup line at CVS back when it first launched, and the collection is still intriguing people.
- This $44 repair kit helps you put your broken pans back together.
I just wanna go back to 1999, too.
Somebody please make this for me ASAP.
I’m a ghd curler gal, but nevertheless I’m kinda intrigued by this new Dyson doohickey.
FACT: Tabby boys are lover boys.
Later today we’re going to a BBQ at Connor’s preschool, so I’m excited about that. I hope you’re doing something fun today. Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,