Hey there, pumpkin. 🎃 Happy Saturday to ya. Two (not-so-pressing) pumpkin-related things on this glorious weekend morning:
First, it occurred to me *just now* that despite the fact that the season o’ pumpkins is in full swing, I’ve yet to have a pumpkin spice drink. 😲
AND THAT MUST BE REMEDIED ASAP.
We’re taking CoyCoy to a socially distanced Halloween dance party/pumpkin patch at her dance studio today, and to ensure that I have plenty of energy to do the Monster Mash (it was a graveyard smash!), I plan to drink a massive pumpkin spice drink with all the fixings.
Oh, and you know you’ve crossed a certain bridge when your Halloween party plans involve slamming a pumpkin spice latte in the early afternoon so you can dance to Baby Shark — with feeling! — at a children’s party.
Second pumpkin related item: I need a reliable pumpkin pie recipe ASAP because I’m still in the thick of Pie Quest 2020, and last Saturday, I made, not one, but TWO absolutely terrible gluten-free pumpkin pies.
Seriously, totally gross and inedible. The filling was terribly bland, and the pre-made gluten-free pie crust was so overcooked that it turned into a crispy cracker.
Pies are kicking my baking butt, man!
Anywho, if you have a pumpkin pie recipe that doesn’t let you down, please drop it for me in the comments. Either gluten-full or gluten-free would be cool. Thank you in advance.
- Fun fact about perfumes: “When you smell lavender or rose in a perfume, maybe 90 percent of the time what you’re actually smelling is a linalool or geranyl acetate compound, lab-made replicas of the flowers in bloom.” And apparently it’s been that way since the 1800s. So, now, driven by consumer demand, big perfume houses are working to create more naturally derived scents.
- Now you can smell like Sir Anthony Hopkins! (Side note: I wonder if Hannibal Lecter would approve of this scent?)
- Science says that certain scents can create specific emotional and physiological reactions. If that’s the case, can somebody please point me to a candle that will chill me-the-eff out?! My anxiety thanks you in advance.
- Apparently, partying at Studio 54 meant swimming in the scent of YSL Opium!
- Byredo and Ikea are teaming up to make scented candles for your home.
- Dudes like to wear nail polish.
- 9 of the best reusable cotton rounds, and 8 of the best claw clips to put in your hair.
- ’90s-style makeup? YES, PLEASE.
On an ’80s kick.
Still one of my favorites.
Just introduced Connor Claire to this gem.
I’m really enjoying Robert’s videos.
You still count.
Got any Halloween plans on your to-do list?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,