WOO-HOO! It’s the weekend, my friend. Greetings from a keyboard in Novato, California. It dips below 60 degrees here in Marin County now, which basically means that everyone is wearing 20 million layers of down, HA HA HA! Welcome to California.
I hope you’re feeling well. I busted out my favorite cozy down vest yesterday, and look what I found in the pocket…
Apparently, I put one of Connor’s newborn socks in the pocket for some reason years ago, and it’s been there ever since. Now I can’t bear to take it out, so I’ve actually washed it with the vest several times. 🤣
Anywho, you know what I realized recently? We’ve been asking a lot of our ears in 2020. Between the masks and the glasses and the earrings, I feel like there’s just one too many things going on, and that’s in addition to, you know, using my ears for their intended purpose (i.e. listening).
Ears are the unsung heroes of 2020! 👂
On that note, here’s today’s reading…
- Just in case you were on the market for a lipstick gun that was previously used by a spy… 🕵️♀️
- WHAT THE WHAT!? I’m shocked that Kate Somerville Anti-Bac Clearing Lotion didn’t make it onto this list of best skin care items on sale at Sephora right now.
- Is virtual makeup the future? L’Oréal thinks so. They just released “Signature Faces,” a type of augmented reality in which your smartphone does a lot of the work of painting your face.
- Speaking of your smartphones…a feline fan has worked fur-iously to build “MeowTalk,” an app that translates cat sounds into human language. Side note: do we really want to know what our cats are saying to us though? I’m pretty sure they’re talking trash all the time. 😹
- Dark lipsticks that look good on everyone…
- The pink lipsticks that everyone should own (according to J.Lo and friends)…
- Six winter makeup trends to try right meow, according to celebrity makeup artists…
- What makeup does one purchase on a $30 college budget?
Yes, I’m obsessed.
Peep Pat’s red lipstick!
The easy-listening ’80s cover you didn’t realize you needed until just right now
Low-key obsessed with Michele
Has it gotten cold yet where you live?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Congratulations, President-Elect Biden and Vice President-Elect Harris. Best of luck.