Among many other things I’ve been doing this morning (endless laundry; chillin’ with Connor, Tabs, El Hub and Sesame Street; and getting ready to plant half a dozen basil and tomato plants), I’ve been ooh-ing and ah-ing over that beautiful picture up above of model Ruby Rose on the Urban Decay website. She’s wearing a monochromatic pink makeup look with pink lids, pink cheeks and pink lips.
I’ve never tried a top-to-bottom pink look before, but now I want to… I’m a little afraid I’ll end up looking cray, but whatevs. Now I just have to choose the right lip color…
What about deep, creamy fuchsia UD Firebrid??
What are you up to this weekend? I’m gettin’ fired up because I’m heading to meet my cat-and-makeup-loving bud Stephanie (she has six cats!) for Lunch at Cafe Zazzle in Petaluma. I’ve never been there before, and I was just looking at the menu, because when I go out to eat, homegirl likes to be prepared, because I’m the WORST at ordering food at the last minute. Invariably, feeling the pressure to make a decision, I’ll pick something I don’t want, and then when the server walks away, I’m like, “Shoot… Why did I order that?”
So it’s a thing, and I don’t want to have food envy this time…
I’m also looking forward to getting my roots done after that (YAY!), and then tomorrow I have a baby shower to go to. My friend Mary Anne is going to be a mommy soon, and all I can think about is holding that newborn in my arms! Aaah!!! 🙂
Oh, yeah, in beauty news, here’s some stuff that caught my eye this week…
- The #makeuphoarder in me wants to get all up on these Clé de Peau Beauté cream blushes. GORGISSIMO!
- Jouer’s Skinny Dip collection is all about the mad sparkle.
- How to easily wash your clothes when traveling
- Speaking of skincare, here are 5 things to try from Kate Somerville
- Beauty secrets from Mathilde Thomas, founder of Caudalie skincare
- Seriously, I could spend ALL DAY looking at people’s handwriting.
- All you wanna-be unicorns ? out there (and I know you’re out there) may enjoy Jessica’s massive roundup of unicorn- AND mermaid-themed beauty tools.
- I’m always looking for ways to keep my pics fresh, and one of the easiest ways is through props. Here are 48 places to find them (and many of them are affordable!).
- There are some great Memorial Day sales at Ulta this weekend… I’m just sayin’.
- Wait — what? Someone’s trying to make sunscreen in the shape of pearls? And by golly, they look super cool!
- Latest on the list of mascaras I want to hoard — Trish McEvoy’s High Volume Mascara.
- I’ve been reading and scouring the Interwebs for cutting edge info about skin care lately, and this brand (Derma E) looks great!
AHAs versus BHAs
In my mind, Caroline Hirons and I are BFFS. OBSESSED WITH HER!
Samantha is the cutest. I wanna hang with her and her cat Roux.
Lorde’s brows look INCREDIBLE in this video. Been listening to this song on repeat…
I like this Sam Smith song too.
Hope you have a hella fab Memorial Day weekend. Let me know what you’re up to. Hopefully you get some meow time to relax.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,