Rise and shine, morning glory! I hope you slept well.
So, I received an invite this week to the San Francisco premiere and after party of a new Ali Wong (a.k.a. my doppelganger) movie coming to Netflix May 31. The movie’s called Always Be My Maybe, and it takes place in SF.
I wasn’t planning on going because 1) it’s on a Tuesday, which is a school night for me; and 2) it doesn’t start until 7…which for me is the equivalent of midnight.
I’m pretty sure I’d pass out!
I’m so not kidding either. These days I start turning into a pumpkin at 4 every afternoon. Lately, I’ve been eating dinner at 5, and then I shower and put on my pajamas by 6. By 8:30 I’m in the middle of my first REM cycle.
That’s just where I’m at in life right now…
As I was saying, I wasn’t going to go to the premiere, but I’m thinking about changing my mind now because it would be kinda funny to see how many people I could trick into thinking I’m Ali Wong. I don’t really see it, but I’ve been told I bear a striking resemblance to her.
Yeah, we’re both Asian and partial to statement eye wear. And I guess we might’ve looked similar from certain angles when my hair was longer, but I don’t feel like we look that similar.
Anyway, if we really do look like long lost twins, I wonder how many people I could fool at the premiere… Could I get all up in some selfies? Would they get tagged #Ali on Instagram? In other words, how far could I push the joke? HA HA HA!
I would totally do it if I wasn’t so tired. This week I started a new cutoff time for coffee and I’m hurtin’. No caffeine after 12! I know! The afternoons have been rougher than cheap toilet paper.
Thankfully, it’s still early here, so I have time to slam a few more cups. While I’m doing that, here’s your weekend beauty reading…
- Serious question for you: Would you wear any of these outfits?
- Is that Jon Snow doing makeup touch-ups on the set of GoT?
- Memorial Day beauty sales from Ulta, Sephora and more
- I’m a fan of AmorePacific skin care. For a while, their exfoliator was my ride-or-die when my chin was breaking out. They’re launching a new line this summer at Sephora called Primera, and all of the products are made with some type of plant or fruit seeds.
- Speaking of seeds, people have feelings about the safety of using exfoliating walnut scrubs on your face.
- Did you know you can get Sunday Riley on Amazon? They’re also starting to offer one-day shipping with Prime soon, too (in case you need that bottle of Good Genes in a jiffy).
- FINALLY. Victoria Beckham will be launching her new beauty brand online soon (it’ll have makeup and skin care), and I have high hopes. I love her makeup collabs with Estée Lauder.
- When she’s not studying, this second-year entrepreneurial UCLA student offers manis and pedis out of her dorm room. (Side note: I wish I’d thought of this when I was a student!)
- A dermatologist weighs in on whether hair vitamins really work
- Beauty around the world! This is what the beauty standards are for the the Mwila tribeswomen of Angola.
- Children of the ’80s, hold onto your bottles of Dep gel and your cans of Aquanet, because the perm is baaaaaaack!
- In case you know any Jason Momoa super fans…
- I’m not much of a gamer (my idea of the perfect video game was Tetris on Game Boy circa 1992), but I’m fascinated by how far CGI has taken digital hair. Apparently, hair is a big deal in computer graphics, and companies are working hard to create realistic-looking hair on screen.
- Cher just launched a perfume that she says will make you hug yourself.
- Happy 30th birthday to Rubble! — the world’s oldest kitty.
- In case you were looking for a career change, this is what it’s like to be a full-time cat sitter.
- In Japan, Tama the cat’s sweet nature and photogenic features made her popular with commuters on the Kishigawa railway, leading her to be become so famous that she was knighted.
- Looking for new ways to have fun with your cat? These 11 cat games are supposed to be insanely amusing for your feline friends.
OK, someone needs to fill me in on what Bruno is wearing on his face because his skin looks super smooth.
My first-thing-in-morning song as of late
Happy 70th, Stevie Nicks!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,