Hello and happy Caturday! I feel like Smokey the Bear saying “Only you can prevent forest fires” in this picture. I was taking pics of makeup and listening to Taylor Swift and… Well, you can guess how that went. I almost deleted the pics, but eh, life is short. If you can dance and laugh at yourself, you must not be doing *everything* completely wrong, ha ha! 🤣
On the VIP subject of nails, I finally painted mine yesterday afternoon while Connor was napping. This is two coats of Sally Hansen Mega Strength in She-Ro. Let’s hope it lives up to its name.
Oh, and please excuse the somewhat haphazardly done edges. I was too lazy to remove my contacts or look for my cheaters, so I couldn’t really see what I was doing. (Side note: If you ever want to challenge yourself, try painting your nails when you’re practically blind.)
On that note, now would be a really great time to 1) catch up on your weekly beauty reading, and 2) paint your nails! 💅
- If you drive a Subaru 🚗 and wear perfume (or wash your hair with shampoo, use fabric softener, or wear nail polish or makeup), FYI, you may want to take your car in for a checkup, ASAP. Apparently, Subaru is recalling some vehicles because of chemical compounds emitted from common consumer products that are messing with brake light switches and rendering them useless.
- Women who work as flight attendants for Virgin Atlantic airlines are no longer required to wear wear makeup. The airline is joining other major carriers in easing their dress and grooming requirements after complaints about them turning female employees into sex objects. Side note: In the ’70s, Southwest Airlines had their flight attendants wear hot pants.
- These cats have a job to do: “Cats Clocking In” (CCI) matches cats deemed unsuitable for traditional adoption with homeowners and businesses that need “rodent deterrent” services.
- Dexter the cat’s family feared the worst when he went missing months ago in the California Camp Fire, but he’s been reunited with his family.
- Inspired by the designer’s recent engagement, Marc Jacobs Beauty is offering free wedding makeup to three LGBTQ+ couples.
- I can’t believe this actually happened, but a young woman says that her ex dumped her because she duped him by wearing makeup to cover up her acne. Seriously, WHAT?! Honey, you’re better off without this dude.
- The best setting powders for oily skin, according to Women’s Health magazine.
- Ginseng is an O.G. superfood, and you can find it in many Korean skin care products right now.
- Aged to Purr-fection is a social program that brings together senior citizens living in assisted living facilities with friendly feline visitors.
- The FDA has confirmed the presence of asbestos in some Claire’s makeup products, which has sparked calls in and out of the agency to expand their regulatory safeguards of cosmetics.
This lil’ mini panther is so happy to be eating.
4 Levels of Spaghetti & Meatballs!
A 1930’s inspired makeup tutorial
Grace Coddington is one of my favorite cat ladies.
I’m off to drink a little more coffee now… OK, a lot more coffee. What do you have going on today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,