Good morning from the DAWN OF TIME!
Really though, happy Saturday…from someone who’s been up since before the crack of dawn, LOL! I wish I could say that I got up at 3:30 because I was
up to no good doing something interesting, like, I dunno…going to a sunrise rave, but no. It was just good old-fashioned insomnia. *shrugs shoulders*
On one hand, I wish I got more sleep because — HELLO. BODY. TIRED. — but on the other hand, I got HELLA stuff done early, and that makes me feel great. I’m still definitely NOT a morning person, but waking up shortly before 4 today allowed me to conquer most of the tasks on my to-do list, including finishing a pilates workout *and* doing a comprehensive moisturizing skin care regimen using the Wander Beauty goodies above.
It’s been a Wander Beauty-ful morning…
- Drift Away Cleanser ($32): This gel-to-foam cleanser is great for oily skin, and it whooshed away all of the oily gunk from my t-zone, lickety-split.
- Extended Stay Hydrating Mask ($38): This super soothing mask smells delectably 🍓🍑 fruity.
- Baggage Claim Eye Masks ($25): Tightening, and — dare I say it — even a little brightening?
- Glow Ahead Face Oil ($48): Richer than a rapper’s gold chain collection
- Dive In Moisturizer ($36): I like the featherweight formula, but I’d hoped for more…
The gold under-eye masks certainly do a good job of hiding my dark circles, ha! They have a slightly tightening effect while you wear them, which woke me up a little.
As for right now…I’m about to pass out, but that’s OK ’cause Caturdays are good for cat naps. 🐱
Enjoy your coffee. Here are some interesting tidbits I found for your morning beauty reading. Talk to you soon.
- On my to-do list this weekend: adopt a fern. I have a couple in my front yard now, but I want another one for inside the house after reading this lovely New York Times story on the history of ferns and our relationship to them. (Apparently, the Victorians were mad about ferns. Who knew?) I think that Lucy Hunter of the Flower Hunter in North Wales nails it when she calls ferns “tough yet delicate.”
- By the way, if you have furry friends and you’re looking to add a fern to your plant family, Boston Ferns are supposed to be non-toxic to cats and dogs.
- Just in case you were wondering what goes down in a day care center for pandas. Hint: There’s a lot of cuteness.
- Scientists played music to cheese as it aged, and in a shock to absolutely no one, hip-hop produced the funkiest flavor.
- Looking to add a little mystery to your (makeup) life? Many beauty brands now sell product goodie bags filled with a number of undisclosed “mystery” products. Inspired by a traditional Japanese custom, brands like Colourpop, Tatcha and Charlotte Tilbury now offer these mysterious “lucky bags” filled with products, but are shoppers getting a good deal or a bad deal with these? I’ve often wondered if some bags are just filled with overstocked or about-to-expire items the brands want to get rid of…but then again, I’m so picky about makeup these days that I’m probably not the target customer. I wanna know exactly what I’m getting into, ya know?
- Speaking of Colourpop, they’re releasing a Disney Villains collection, and all I have to say to that is MAC did it first. *hair toss*
- 15 affordable beauty products that look more expensive than they really are, according to Who What Wear.
- A brief history of the most successful celebrity scents
- A day in the life of Tata Harper, founder and CEO of Tata Harper Skincare
- Be on the lookout for this new skin care trend: ‘Needle’ face creams and patches. No, there are no actual metal needles in the cream, so you won’t end up looking like that dude from Hellraiser! Rather, there are ingredients in the creams that mimic the mechanism and role of microneedling.
- Young girls — as young as 8 — are a new growing market for laser hair removal and waxing, and all I have to say to that is WHAT THE WHAT. When I was that age, all I cared about were my Hello Kitty lunchbox and whether I’d be able to stay out and play after dinner.
Stop the presses! Jonathan Van Ness is a total cat lady.
In case you were hoping that Reese Witherspoon would teach you Southern Slang today.
The pilates routine I did this morning!
You have a great day, ‘kay?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,