Hello and happy Caturday!!! If you ever need shelter from the metaphorical storm, might I suggest Marshalls? — because every time I go there, I find so many cute kitty-themed things.
I went a couple days ago, and these blank kitty cards were soooo tempting, but I already have an entire drawer filled with cat steno that I need to work my way through…
I also really wanted the kitty toothbrush holder at the top, but I passed because it had a slight chip in one ear. 🙁
Oh, and then there were these cute jars, too…
Ah, so much cuteness! I might go back later today so see if any of these are still there, but I’m not holding out hope because you know how Marshalls is. If you snooze, you lose! You can literally turn around, and something you just saw on the shelf a minute ago will have disappeared.
But I digress…
Breakfast. It’s calling me, and I need to take care of that, so while I go do that, here’s some light reading to keep you occupied.
- The history of how one of beauty’s boldest pioneers, Helena Rubinstein, took makeup from being an accessory for “ladies of the night” and turned it into a coveted luxury item.
- According to Tarang Amin, the CEO of e.l.f Cosmetics, the brand’s mission is to make luxurious beauty accessible to all. “We take products that are unaffordable to so many consumers — products that are great but might cost $40 or $50 — and make them attainable.”
- A deep dive into the skin care cult treatments on the rise and the science behind them.
- Dang, Gwyneth Paltrow can certainly SELL SOME STUFF. In the last 10 years, she’s transformed a newsletter into a lifestyle brand and a rapidly rising e-commerce business.
- Weirdest thing I’ve read all week: mysterious bundles of hair are turning up on the streets of Santa Barbara!
- Minnesota “hockey hair” is totally a thing. The main ingredient? Volume. (Obviously!)
- 5 things you should always ask at the hair salon. Side note: I would add in a sixth question, and it would be “Could you please not butcher my mane?”
- You know what they say — it takes a (cat) village. A team of four (!) kitties played Goose the cat in the new Captain Marvel movie.
- These pics of feline enthusiasts practicing yoga with their cats will make you wish you could downward dog with your best feline friend like right meow.
- When a special cat enters your life, you’re hooked for life, and sometimes that love motivates a person to write a book.
Um, where is this train and how can I get on it?
British movie stars discuss which American accent is the hardest
You know I’m all about that chunky braid life.
How’s it going on your end of the keyboard this weekend? 😊
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,