Top o’ the mornin’ to you, my friend. Happy Saturday!
If you need me, you can find me on the deck with my new potted tomato, basil and hibiscus plants. Life got the better of me this year, and it’s a little late in the season here to start a deck garden, but better late than never! Hopefully, these Early Girls will still work out for me, because I dream of a summer day when I’ll be eating bruschetta and admiring pretty tropical flowers.
Have you ever grown a hibiscus before? This is my first one, so I’d appreciate any tips. I have no idea what I’m doing with/to it.
By the way, the striped flats I’m wearing are new (thanks for noticing!). I got the Clarks Serena Paige Espadrilles at DSW this week with a gift card.
About the shoes, they’re one of those pairs of shoes that looks cuter on feet than they look in the store, so if you get a chance, try them on. They’re s-u-p-e-r comfortable, and the navy/white stripes are surprisingly versatile, despite the fact that I’ve only worn them with skinny jeans and a white top so far, but they definitely add something extra to an outfit.
This week’s reading
- People are taking off their masks and buying MOAR makeup.
- Jessica Chastain plays notorious televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker in a new movie, and it took four hours of makeup to get into character.
- The peregrine falcon’s dark “eyeliner” around their eyes helps them hunt!
- This simple hack keeps your dewy skin from looking sweaty.
- Now I kinda want an ice roller.
- What the nose knows!
- “When big life moments happen, the desire to reboot your scent is a normal, healthy response.”
- Why niacinamide is getting all the love lately.
Save some $$$
Yes, girl. YES.
Throwback jam for you
Give me all the knowledge, please.
My new favorite channel on YT
Have a great rest of your day, OK? What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,