Happy Saturday, my friend! If you need me, I’ll be here in my corner greedily scarfing down lychees before anyone else gets their paws on ’em.
Kidding! I’m always happy to share. 🙂 You’ll have to peel your own, though.
If Cookie Monster gets to be the monster of all cookies, I would like to be the monster of all lychees. Consequently, henceforth, from this day forward, you may refer to me by my Sesame name…”Lychee Monster,” since I can and will eat an obscene amount of lychees.
Question for you — how do you pronounce “lychee”? Do you say “LEE-chee” or “LIE-chee”? Inquiring minds want to know.
Anywho, lychees aren’t common in this part of Northern California, so whenever I see them in a store I grab as many as I can.
A buddy of mine on Instagram mentioned that when she was a kid, her mom would buy lychees in season and freeze them for later, which I think is GENIUS. I think I’ll freeze a few, but our fire season is just around the corner, which means that our power company (PG&E) will probably shut off the power in our county for a few days (possibly weeks) as part of wildfire prevention efforts, and we might lose the food in our freezer and fridge…so I think I should eat as many fresh lychees as humanly possible right now while I can. LOL.
On that note, lychees for EVERYONE!
- Pandemic isolation’s got beauty girls saying things like “I haven’t worn makeup in months, and I don’t see myself wanting to again.”
- Career advice from Burberry’s Global Beauty Director, Isamaya Ffrench: “Don’t expect anyone to call you up and be like, ‘We’re ready for you now.’ Just do it yourself.”
- Here are the products that skin care guru Caroline Hirons says you *don’t* need on your skin care shelf.
- ALL KINDS OF TONERS!
- How to do your makeup so it doesn’t rub off on your face mask.
- On why people are wearing perfumes even though nobody’s around to smell them: “A scent’s power to evoke the aura of beloved people, places, and things that we can’t interact with while sequestered at home may also explain why fragrance sales have held steady despite widespread job loss and financial insecurity amid a global pandemic.”
- Saving this list for the day I can casually walk into Bath & Body Works and leisurely smell all the candles.
- Retro niche perfumes are coming back into fashion.
- These are the bestselling skin care items at Whole
- 5 types of hair damage and what you can do about it.
Perfect air-dried hair? YES, PLEASE.
I’m very curious about this brand out of Australia, Ere Perez.
Note to self…
What’s on deck for this weekend? What are you up to? Sending you virtual hugs.
Feels like we’re all needing a little (OK, a lot) of TLC these days.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,