Desperately seeking a watermelon whisperer! 🍉
(You read that right.)
I could easily eat two 20-pound watermelons a week. They’re my favorite summer fruit, but so far this has been the Summer of Junk Watermelon (and yes, that’s “junk” as an adjective, which I think might be a local Hawaii thing), since every one I’ve gotten has been about as flavorful as a dirty Styrofoam cooler.
The one I got from Target last week made me the saddest of sad pandas. 🙁 Not only was it at least 60% rind, but the red fruit part was so overripe that it felt like tapioca pudding.
Blech! It was super gross. I ended up throwing it out (and I absolutely HATE throwing out food).
Is there such a thing as having a bad streak of watermelon luck? I’ve done the research. I try to follow best watermelon-picking practices. I follow the guidelines I saw on a sign at Trader Joe’s…but based on every single melon I’ve gotten so far in 2019, I have a special talent for picking all the wrong ones. LOL!
It’s at the point where I’m only going to buy the small ones until this problem gets worked out. Say it with me: “No more bland or squishy fruit!”
On to this weekend’s reading…
- Soon, we’ll be able to virtually “try on” a lipstick while watching YouTube video.
- Scientists are close to unraveling the mystery of the wild “Cat-Fox” of Corsica! 🐈
- Remember Mink, the 3D makeup printer that made a big splash when it was unveiled at a tech conference a few years ago? Apparently, they’re still around, and now you can buy one for a mere $395 ($295 if you pre-order now).
- Meet the beauty bloggers and YouTubers who changed the landscape for #naturalhair.
- Speaking of wild cats, here are six varieties that still roam free in the United States.
- What to do when your kitty employer has cat scratch fever!
- You already knew this, but your feline friend’s behavior may be influenced by their breed.
- JUSTIN BOBBY LIVES!
- The best spot treatments to make pimples fade away, according to Women’s Health
- A list of summery green fragrances for those who dream of smelling like a kale smoothie
- How Gloria Vanderbilt propelled the rise of high-end designer blue jeans
My preferred method
What happens when you melt down every lipstick from the drugstore into one Franken-lipstick
Heavy black liner, shiny red lips and a chorus you won’t be able to stop singing
I totally don’t mind this.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,