Hello, friend! Good morning and happy Independence Day to you! Sending major good vibes for a safe, wonderful weekend. The fam and I are about to head off grid for a brief camping trip, and by “off the grid,” I mean that we’re going car camping to Clear Lake about two hours north, and just south of Mendocino Forest. It’ll be just the few of us, masks coming along too, of course. Fun fact: at 2.5 million years old, Clear Lake is the oldest lake in North America.
Whatever you’re doing this weekend, please stay safe, especially if you’re going to be on the road. A nurse friend once told me that her patients awaiting organ transplants, and their loved ones and caregivers, couldn’t help but think about the possibilities around the Fourth of July weekend due to the number of fatal car accidents… That’s life. So please be careful.
- Men’s makeup goes mainstream at CVS drugstores with the introduction of Stryx, a makeup line (a.k.a. “men’s grooming”) made especially for dudes.
- A very fancy makeup mirror for all the tech nerds out there.
- Sandy Linter is a 72-year-old celebrity makeup artist, and these are her favorite foundations and concealers.
- Get schooled by Bobbi Brown.
- Not that many people are traveling by airplane at the moment, but when that time comes, here are all the travel-friendly makeup bags you’ll want to have with you.
- Meghan Markle’s wedding day makeup artist joins the Tatcha team.
- What five dermatologists do to keep their skin in tip top shape during quarantine.
- Who wants a perfume that smells like 🚀 space? (My answer: ME!)
- This long lost perfume bottle was recently unearthed during a shipwreck excavation.
I feel seen.
I can’t go for that.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,