Poppyseed, asiago, cinnamon raisin, blueberry… I’m thinking about bagels this morning, and not just because of their carb-o-licious goodness. I’m currently “reading” an audiobook called Take Control of Your Life by Mel Robbins, and it’s about fear and learning how to move past it. I just finished a story in it about bagels, of all things.
In the book, Mel talks about viewing things as either obstacles or opportunities, and she tells a story about two men who finish a foot race. There are free bagels at the finish line, and one guy says, “Oh, look, there’s free bagels. Let’s go get some.” But the other guy says, “The line is too long.”
Both men look at the bagels in different ways. The guy who sees the yummy bagels in yo’ tummy focuses on the opportunity, while the other guy sees the obstacle (the long line).
Which person are you? I think I’m the person who automatically sees the obstacles, but I’d like to be the person who focuses on the yummy bagels, so that’s what I’m working on now…
Just some food for thought on this lovely morning.
And now, Saturday surfing!
- Lady Gaga’s Haus Laboratories makeup line will be available exclusively on Amazon, and it looks like there WILL BE shimmer.
- 11 purr-fect pieces of fashion for your favorite feline fanatic.
- You may soon be the one asking your little brother if you can borrow his concealer, because all the big players — L’Oréal, Shiseido and Estée Lauder — are developing makeup for men. Currently, the most robust line for men is by a brand out of Japan called Fiveism, which has more than 80 products from nail polish to eyeshadow to everything in between.
- Ulta plucked Frida Khalo’s famous unibrow in the imagery for the new Frida Khalo-themed collection, and I cannot roll my eyes far enough back into my head.
- Wondering how to outsmart facial recognition software? All you have to do is paint your face like one of the members of the Insane Clown Posse. 🤡
- The Louvre is launching a collection of fragrances inspired by their most famous pieces.
- Is there a difference between toners and essences?
- Experts weigh in on beauty apps, and whether they put you at risk.
- Fun facts about Ernest Hemingway’s cats! 🐱
- 5 tech gadgets for an instant summer glow, according to Vogue
- Speaking of beauty technology, you may want to skip the world’s first Bluetooth hair straightener, because it can be easily hacked.
- An Allure beauty editor’s guide to the annual Bronner Brothers Hair Show
I 100% enjoyed this, and it turns out my favorite X-Tina video is the same as hers, too!
Speaking of Christina!
I like this version of one my favorite songs of all time.
Thank you, universe, for the gift that is Lizzo.
Speaking of bagels, here’s how they’re made.
I think it’s a good time to hunt down a bagel. Ooh! — one with cream cheese and smoked salmon! 😋
Have a great weekend!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,