Good morning and meow-za! Happy Caturday to ya. I hope you have toasty toes and that someone is baking you biscuits, be they of the glutinous or the feline variety.
I’m busting out the creams today because January is Crazy About Creams month here on MBB (as in cream makeup products), and it occurred to me last night that I have yet to ask you about YOUR favorite cream products. What are they? Inquiring minds want to know.
On that note, here’s some light reading for your Saturday Surfing time today…
- Yet another sign that Lady Gaga is coming out with a beauty line…
- Did you know there’s a wage gap between hairstylists and makeup artists working in the television and movie industries? I didn’t. Hollywood stylists are currently fighting for pay equity.
Also, Pharell wearing eyeliner = kind of genius.
- I love reading about entrepreneurial women working in the beauty biz. Annie Lawless is the founder of a clean makeup line called Lawless. She also founded Suja Juice and sold a minority stake in the company to Coca-Cola for $90 million!!!
- Fave read of the week: When technicolor film debuted in the 1930s, two beauty behemoths, Elizabeth Arden and Max Factor, battled for dominance in the movie makeup market in “the Hollywood Powder Puff War.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Potatoes 🥔 can be glamorous. Watch this potato (yes, as in the vegetable) get a full glam beat.
- Vehicles may someday come equipped with rose-scented steering wheels to help people avoid accidents.
- French fragrances for kids! (Of course I would want the one decorated in cat heads for myself.)
- Anyone wanna go to the mall? The Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale is happening now.
- If you happen to 1) be in Moscow and 2) have a nose for obscure fragrance, the Tretyakov Gallery, home to one of the world’s largest collections of Russian fine art, is currently selling perfumes inspired by the museum’s most famous paintings.
- Michael B. Jordan is the new face of Coach, and all I have to say is YES, PLEASE.
- This retired social worker rescues cats from trees.
- —–> This week, California became the first state in the nation to bar pet stores from selling dogs, cats and rabbits unless they come from animal shelters or rescue groups.
- According to this article, the best skin care trick is being rich.
- How do hair follicles get their start?
- If you have toddlers or small children, watch out for these things.
I’m going through a Taylor phase.
A classic I always come back to…
This 10-minute warm-up is a good one to do on your breaks if you spend hours working at a desk.
Mother Nature is the BOMB DOT COM.
I hope your 2019 got off to a good start. You have a great weekend, k?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,