Rise and shine, fellow feline friends and makeup fanatics, and happy Caturday! Have you kissed your kitty yet today?
So…yesterday afternoon I got a much-needed reminder from the universe to TAKE FREAKING BREAKS. Seriously! I put Connor down for her “nap,” a.k.a “rest time” now, because she’s at the point in her toddlerhood where she doesn’t always sleep anymore during nap time. Sometimes she just chills out in her crib looking through books or listening to music.
Anyway, I usually buzz around the house like a sprinter at nap time trying to do everything on my to-do list before she gets up, and even if I’m beyond tired, I power my way through it because it’s the biggest block of time I have.
But yesterday my body and mind desperately needed downtime, and for once I actually listened. Instead of tackling the tasks on my nap time to-do list, I put on my headphones, cranked up the music, took out some makeup and played.
And you know what? It was exactly what I needed. I felt SO much better after just doing my own thang for 30 minutes.
I’m doing the bronzy thing again with the #BECCABFFS collection. That’s the Malika palette on my cheeks and lids and the nude lipstick in Yours Truly.
So, a gentle reminder from me to you in case you need it: TAKE THOSE BREAKS, GIRL. They’re necessary. As a matter of fact, I think it would be a good idea to take a break right meow with this week’s reading list… 😊
- Now I love Frank Ocean even more than I did before because he breaks down his skin care in this GQ interview, and it involves night cream and retinol.
- In this interview with Denise Cartwright, the founder of skincare line Crude, Denise dishes about the sexist history of soap and describes how she built her business starting with just $30.
- This beauty writer tried everything in the Trader Joe’s beauty section, and these are the nine things she loved the most.
- Interesting —> The skin care products top plastic surgeons use in their everyday beauty routine.
- How to layer your acids in your skin care routine.
- Looking to change the billion-dollar skin bleaching industry, Rwanda is cracking down and enforcing a ban on bleaching agents, especially hydroquinone and mercury.
- This baby’s voluminous hair landed her a gig with Pantene.
- Why bobs have been a big deal for almost a century.
- I love this so much! The interior of this house was inspired by a Revlon Lipstick shade called “Parisian Pink.”
- Smart toilets for cats: Could this be the future of kitty litter?
- Speaking of felines and tech, peep this $1,800 treadmill made for kitties.
Does every mall in America look exactly like this?
Someone please make me this.
Ride it, my pony.
I’m going to try to spend the rest of this weekend relaxing and avoiding that R.Kelly documentary on Lifetime everyone’s been talking about… OMG. What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,