Good morning, glory! I hope you have a cup of coffee in your paws a cat on your lap. It’s a lovely day here in Novato, haaaaay!
So…about that sign up at the top of this post, it’s SO TRUE, isn’t it? I know you know it, ha ha! I saw it at Target in the dollar section, and I thought about it later at home that night, at which time I asked poor El Hub to get out of a warm and cozy bed to go look for Tabs, because most nights when we go to bed, Tabs follows us upstairs and hangs out, with “hangs out” being code for “Tabs will sit on top of one of us while we pet him until he bites us and jumps off the bed when the petting no longer pleases him.”
I was about 10 minutes into the book I’m reading (Lilac Girls) when I noticed he hadn’t come up yet. After calling to him a bunch of times and still not hearing him meow back, I started to panic a little.
What if he’s stuck in the closet? What if he sneaked out the front door when I was bringing in the groceries? He could be halfway to Mill Valley by now, OH GOD!!!
So El Hub went to look for him. He found Tabs in his cozy nook under the TV in the living room, fast asleep. 😊
Yup, this cat definitely runs the show!
On that note, here’s your kitty, beauty (and GOLDEN GIRLS) reading for the week…
- This intrepid feline had gone missing for 10 years before finally returning home.
- This is what happens when AI 🤖 makes 😺 cats.
- A new Golden Girls-themed cruise sets sail in 2020, and all I have to say to that is 1) “Where’s my rattan purse?” 2) “Does it dock in Miami?” And 3), “Will there be cheesecake?”
- My makeup spirit animal, Sir John, is here to turn you into Beyoncé.
- Urban Decay is launching a Game of Thrones collection 🐉 in April, which leads me to wonder if George R.R. Martin might appreciate a teal eyeshadow? I can see him liking a thick line of sparkly teal on the upper lash line for some reason.
- The Western United States, Scandinavia and Latin America — these are the new fragrance capitals of the world, according to this post.
- This looks like a fun field trip. —> Eighth graders learn chemistry through mixing perfumes in a lab.
- In case you were wondering what to do with that old Victoria’s Secret scent you’ve had since 2002, according to a study published recently in the Journal of Insect Science (yes, you heard me), Victoria’s Secret perfume acts as an effective insect 🐜 repellent.
- A secret garden in Venice is the inspiration for the new Hermes’s perfume.
- New York City recently banned discrimination based on hairstyle.
- One of my fave hair brands, R+Co, is expanding into makeup and fragrance.
- Is it bad to sleep with wet hair?
Have you watched Upstairs Downstairs, yet?? I’m liking it just much as Downton Abbey.
I’m not exactly sure what’s going on here, but I love it!
This makes me so happy. 😊
I wonder if this really does help kitties chill-the-eff out.
What are you up to this weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,