As sunlight 🌞 streams through my window this morning, a sparrow 🐦 outside is cheeping, one of my neighbors is hammering away at something in their garage, and cartoons are playing in the background… I’ve been doing this thing lately where I focus on one of my senses — like hearing! — to stay present and “in the moment,” and I gotta say, the Saturday symphony 🎵 is music to my ears.
How’s your day going, friend? If you haven’t had a hot beverage yet, may I suggest a Honey Citrus Mint Tea from Starbucks? My friend Marisol gave one to me the other day, and it was life-changing! Apparently, it was created by a customer and ended up being so popular that Starbucks added it to the menu.
It tastes like mint, honey, green tea and lemonade, and it’s absolutely DELICIOUS piping hot. Thanks, Marisol, for introducing this blessed elixir into my life!
Now, on to today’s reading…
- Makeup artist Scott Barnes is busy! He’s known for crafting Jennifer Lopez’s signature glow and has worked with her on several major projects, including doing her makeup for Hustlers and her recent Super Bowl halftime performance.
- Just in case you were unaware, meow is the purrfect time to bust out that Riesling you’ve been saving for a special occasion, since it’s National Drink Wine With Your Cat 🥂😸 Week! (Apparently, one day wasn’t enough.)
- Speaking of cats and wine, here are some feline-friendly vino options. I’m thinking Rosie might want to try a “meow-lot,” ha ha ha!
- Growing up, we ate Filipino food every day. I love all kinds of food, but we always followed my dad’s lead, and all he ever wanted to eat was Filipino food. (I didn’t even try Thai or Japanese until I was 18 and had left home for college!) Anyway, there really wasn’t such a thing as “Filipino restaurants” back then, but now they’re all over the country. Here’s a list of the best 25 Filipino restaurants in the United States.
- If you happen to be in Washington D.C., you might want to check out this museum dedicated entirely to language and words.
- There’s a company called Frida that makes postpartum recovery products for moms, and this ad — which for me was a 100% accurate depiction of what it was like after birthing a baby — was rejected by the Oscars for being “too graphic.”
Note to self…
This looks like so much fun.
In college I listened to a lot of Cheryl Crow.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,