Happy last Caturday of 2018, babe! As I type this, I’m happy to report that I’m wearing the first beauty product my face has touched since Christmas Eve. (It’s Hourglass Lip Oil, in case you’re wondering.) I’m finally getting over the most recent of three back-to-back colds, and this last one kicked my butt so hard that I haven’t even wanted so shower (and you know how I feel about showering).
Fingers and toes crossed that I make it at least a week without coming down with something new!
I hope you’ve been able to stay healthy and relatively snot-free lately, because not only is a stuffy nose hella annoying; it also gets in the way of good stuff, like wearing glitter.
Which reminds me…
MAC has a new glitter collection out called Glitter Tripper (that’s a few of the pieces up at the top), and I’m 100% looking forward to wearing some of it this weekend, because we’re celebrating my mom’s 70th birthday! 🎂 My bro and I are taking her out for a spa day in Napa today, and tomorrow we’re all having lunch in the city. It’s a par-tay weekend, woo-hoo!
On that glittering note, here are some stories that caught my eye this week…
Talk about multitasking beauty products! This Swedish lip balm was developed for the military in the ’50s and can be used to cure chapped lips, oil weapons, prevent frostbite, cook with, and shine your boots.
Well, human volunteers stop by to care for them, but the cats live there full time. The house is officially a feline rescue adoption center and was set up by a cat lover who uses the space as a way-station for hard-to-place kitties.
- Nest Fragrances, the brand known for their home scents and perfumes, will be rolling out a 32-piece lineup of body care with lotions, mists, washes, lip balms and wipes at Ulta in January.
- Just in case you were hoping to see a whole bunch of cats (and a few dogs) wearing hand-knitted hats…
- Now that many makeup lines have expanded their shade range (thank you, Fenty effect), women who struggled mightily to find the right foundation for their skin tone finally have more options, but what about finding the right skin care products? Several skin care brands are now catering to “women of color,” targeting concerns like hyperpigmentation and wrinkles, which impact people of different skin tones and types in different ways.
- Road trip, anyone? Here are 11 of the best cat cafes in the U.S.
- Drunk Elephant, skin care darling o’ the moment, just released a retinol cream.
- Fun fact about Wende Zomnir, the co-founder of Urban Decay: Her first job was at an Elizabeth Arden counter in a department store in downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
- Could biodegradable packaging be on the horizon for Chanel?
- Ruh-roh. If you’re a a fan of the brand Julep, you might want to start stocking up on your must-haves because the brand just laid off employees and is shuttering their brick-and-mortar stores.
- This former programmer now runs a makeup company that makes products used in Marvel movies and The Walking Dead.
- Remember the glitter bomb/fart spray video made by the NASA engineer to get back at package thieves? Parts of the story were fake.
Exercise trends throughout the decades
Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind?
All I have to say is WHO DIDN’T HAVE A CRUSH ON KEANU?
A live version of one of my favorite ’90s dance songs…
So how are you spending the last weekend of 2018? Whatever you’re doing, I hope you’re doing well, friend.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,