Good mornin’ and happy Caturday 😺 to ya.
Quick question: Have you ever wished that you could crochet for the sole purpose of being able to make a handmade sweater for your cat?
If yes, then you will totally get why I want this book I saw at Barnes and Noble!
I wonder how long the cats on the cover actually had those sweaters on…because Tabs would have slipped out quicker than a cheetah chasing dinner.
Anywho…if you’re looking for a gift for your favorite crazy cat lady, I think this would be purr-fect.
I’m taking it easy today because, once again, I caught a bug. 🙁 Yup, I made it cold-free for three weeks, so I guess it was time, LOL! Everyone tells me that the first year of preschool is the hardest because kids bring home everything, so everyone is sick all the time, and they weren’t kidding.
Oh, well. I’ve heard it tapers off around April, so fingers and toes crossed I make it till then, ha ha!
Now I’m off to go eat the hearty breakfast El Hub made for me and Connor. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and clementine orange slices. And suck on another Cold-EEZE.
While I do that, here’s some easy reading (like easy listening) to help you get your weekend off to a good start.
There’s a new drugstore beauty brand in town backed by Covergirl called Full Spectrum, and it’s marketed specifically for “women of color” — a term that has always made me pause a few beats…seeing as how there are A LOT of different skin tones, undertones and color temps out there, but that’s another rambling for another day.
The line does have a wide shade range — 20 shades of matte liquid foundation, 12 shades of powder foundation and six shades of concealer. And they have a good mix of eye, lip and cheek products, too. You can find it at Ulta.
MBB reader Jane asked me the other day how I felt about buying beauty products from stores like Marshalls.
Well, as you know, I love a good discount, but I don’t regularly buy beauty products from discount stores on the off chance that they may have been diverted products. Yes, there’s a moderate chance that that shampoo or conditioner you’re eyeing could be counterfeit, diluted, expired or could have a discontinued formula that’s been deemed unsafe to use.
- “It’s holiday,” says makeup artist Nick Barose. “You’re not supposed to be looking natural.” Nick paints celeb faces (including Lupita Nyong’o and Gugu Mbatha-Raw), and here’s his step-by-step guide to adding glitters and metallics to your makeup this holiday season.
- Some people might think this is kind of an odd thing to want to smell like…but I’ve actually always wanted a perfume that’ll make me smell like an old church.
- This French fragrance brand is betting that wealthy customers will drop between $1.5 million and $20 million for a customized bottle of perfume, and I’m like SRRSLY!? Y’all can’t just buy a bottle of Byredo Gypsy Water at SpaceNK?
- True or false: Your genes matter more than your skin care routine.
- David Lee Roth (yes, that guy who wore spandex and colorful footwear and had big, teased hair out to here in the ’80s) has a new skin care line. Fun fact: Did you know he’s a licensed EMT in New York City? And that his voice spans five octaves?
- Why does your cat lick her fur where you just petted her?
- 7 ways to tell if your cat is mad at you
They look like they’re having so much fun!
Just move on up!
An old fave
Someone make this for me, please!
Stop by and say hi. 🙂 I’ll be chillin’ on the couch today.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,