Hello and happy Caturday! Rosie sends her regards (along with a healthy dose of torbie-tude.) I am SO EXCITED to drink coffee today because I’ve recently discovered the joy of half-and-half. Seriously, what cave have I been living in? — because half-and-half is where it’s at!
I used to be a whole-milk-in-my-coffee girl, but lately I haven’t been liking how the milk takes over, so I can’t taste the coffee in the background. With half-and-half, I can still get the coffee flavor along with the cream. I’ve been doing a splash in my coffee in the morning (about two tablespoons), and my life is forever changed.
While I dive into this cup (SO GOOD), go ahead and grab your morning beverage o’ choice, because it’s time for this week’s reading.
- If you were looking for a few new words to use this weekend, here are some good ones to try: vamoose, crapulous and canoodle.
- There is a burgeoning field of research in the reconstruction and preservation of scent. Scientists, historians and cultural heritage specialists are working together to catalogue the smells of our times — particularly those that may disappear in a few decades.
- Speaking of scents…historians, scientists and perfumers are using AI to capture what Europe smelled like between the 16th and early 20th centuries. (Apparently, it was kinda stinky!)
- In case you’re just as obsessed with The Crown as I am, here are 14 fun facts about Princess Diana’s wedding.
- A cat may soon be moving into the White House. I wonder if it’s going to have stripes? I would love to see a “First Tabby.”
- Will somebody PLEASE buy this bed with a cat maze inside?
THIS IS SO GOOD!
A Sunday kind of love on a Saturday
I’m on a Cerave kick right now.
When I think about Connor in the future as a young woman in the world, I watch videos like this one.
Whatcha got on deck today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,