Hiya, friend! I hope your coffee ☕ is strong and your spirit is light on this lovely Caturday. If you need me, I’ll be the cat lady in the plastic hair cap, which I’ll be wearing all day long so the Olaplex No. 3 at-home hair treatment I’m trying can work its alleged magic.
Speaking of that…
I walked into Sephora a couple days ago planning to get just one or two things from Olaplex and take advantage of the VIB discount, but then this 👆 happened.
I mean, I didn’t get all of their products. 😬 I didn’t buy the hair oil, even though I reeeeeeally wanted to, because Caitya, my favorite MUA there, hooked me up with generous samples. (Thanks, lady!) So I can still try it.
Everyone talks about the Olaplex at-home system of No. 3 (pre-shampoo treatment), No. 4 (shampoo), No. 5 (conditioner) and No. 6 (leave-in) as if they’re hair miracles sent from the beauty heavens above, and I’m very excited about trying them now because I’m at a turning point in the process of growing out my grays.
The biggest challenge right now (I’m about eight months in) is figuring out how to deal with the wiry, unruly texture. The wiry strands seem to be multiplying exponentially, especially at the top of my head, and I swear I look like a mad scientist! 👩🔬
Olaplex is supposed to be life-changing for that.
If you’ve tried their products, please tell me about your experience! I’d love to hear what you think.
When my co-pilot and I were at Sephora, I treated her to a little beauty haul of her own to celebrate the start of preschool. ❤️ I let her pick out a clear $6 lip balm from the Sephora Collection, and Caitya (who’s been working at this same Sephora since I was pregnant with Connor and always says hi to us) made Connor feel extra special by wrapping the lip balm in tissue and giving her a tiny Sephora bag in which to carry it.
Now, my shower cap and I are off to go clean the closet that I refuse to be plagued by anymore. While I find the strength to let go of the things that no longer bring me joy, enjoy your weekend beauty reading… 😊
- Would you buy secondhand makeup? In Japan, droves of makeup enthusiasts are purchasing pre-worn products.
- I’ve always thought of makeup as being kind of like armor, and apparently I’m not the only one, as this young woman would put on elaborate makeup every morning to help her deal with the grief of losing her younger brother.
- Apparently, Meghan Markle’s makeup artist, Daniel Martin (he’s responsible for her iconic wedding day look), didn’t realize just how big a deal her wedding was until he was driving behind her in the car and saw the crowds.
- Speaking of previously used makeup, do certain products that were used beforehand come with higher risks than others?
- If you’re willing to wait, Charlotte Tilbury’s Foundation has only (ha ha!) a 17,000-person waiting list.
- For my type nerds: Adieu Smalls is a font inspired by curvy cat tails!
- China’s first commercially cloned cat — a British shorthair named Dasuan, or “Garlic” in English, was recently unveiled in Beijing.
- Before there were cats on Instagram, there was photographer Walter Chandoha, who some consider to be the godfather of feline photography.
- 5 science-backed skin care products that are trending on Instagram right now…
- Here are many, many pictures of cats, including two wrapped up in sushi rolls (THE BEST).
Speaking of Olaplex, a jury ruled earlier this month that L’Oréal was guilty of trade-secret theft, patent infringement and breach of contract with Olaplex. L’Oréal was ordered to pay Olaplex — a startup based on the research of two University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) chemists — more than $22 million for each of the first two offenses, and close to $47 million for the third (!).
Why was this so amusing? LOL!
Heck, yeah, I’d watch it.
Next level your crayon game.
I would do this in a heartbeat with Coy-Coy.
Me and this cat in our plastic shower caps = twinsies.
Stay kind and cool today, my friend. ❤️
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,