Oh, you guys. Parenting during a pandemic: it is not for the faint of heart. Like many people, El Hub and I have had to make some tough decisions about sending our kid back to school, so it’s been a rough week… So rough that even lipstick could barely get me through it. But you know. We’re brave. And we’re tough. And we can do things we never thought we could do, right? At least that’s what I keep telling myself 10 million times a day.
I’ve started doing this thing where I set reminders on my phone with my affirmations, so they pop up throughout the day, and I can just read them over and over again.
You know what they say — fake it ’til you make it.
You know what they also say? When the going get tough, the tough eat pasta, which is why you’re looking at that pasta picture at the top. (I should’ve probably intro’d with that, whoops!)
If any picture were able to convey that Connor is 100% her mother’s daughter, it would be this one…
Which reminds me, I made this lemon tagliatelle pasta from Laura in the Kitchen a few days ago…
I gave Connor her plate, stepped out of the room to go check something, and when I came back this was how she was eating her food. 😂
We ate the pasta with parmesan basil salmon and a corn and basil tomato salad, which, by the way, was BOMB, and I’m happy to share it with you. I’ll have the recipe up in a few days!
- Sephora just launched a new clean makeup line, and every item is under $20.
- 13 Latina makeup brands to check out ASAP.
- You can find these 8 vegan-friendly makeup brands at the drugstore!
- Daniel Martin (a.k.a. Meghan Markle’s wedding day makeup artist) utilizes an unexpected everyday household item when he covers up pimples.
- Sephora’s Welcome Back Sale is live now online and in stores, and it allows you to buy more and save more; spending $75 or more gets you $15 off your entire order, and spending $100 or more means $20 off.
- Speaking of sales, Dermstore is having a big one right now.
- For the man in your life who has a taste for the finer things, Chanel is launching more makeup (and nail polish!) for dudes.
- Should you store your perfumes in the fridge?
- How hair salons are helping to clean up the Mauritius oil spill
- Why your nails are yellow, and how to combat it
So who’s gonna do this with me?!
I needed this.
I did this workout two times this week! It’s fast and fun, and you get nice and sweaty.
I say a little prayer for you, my friend.
Hope things are OK with you. Hang in there, OK?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,