Greetings, fellow feline and fun-filled weekend enthusiast! Our two artists-in-residence send their regards.
While the girls decorate this piece of paper, I plan to decorate…my face with winged liner and a bright lipstick.
Answer: why not? But seriously, I don’t have anything profoundly exciting planned. I’m just taking Connor to her dance studio for the first time in months because she has a solo dance recital, and that’s all the excuse I need to get a little gussied up… At the very least, I can brush up my brows! 😁
The dance studio moved most of their classes online, but they do a couple things outdoors in their parking lot, and we’re going today so Connor’s dance teacher can record her and a couple other socially distanced students while they do the routine they would’ve performed on stage at our local civic center for the spring recital.
I still can’t believe how much things have changed… At last year’s spring recital, there must have been a hundred kids and 300 parents, everyone jammed into a performance hall, and all the kids and parents got ready in a big room backstage adjusting costumes, soothing nerves and, ya know, breathing the same air in close proximity.
I know this is all temporary, but you know how it is. I get a little down sometimes when I think about it… I’ll keep hangin’ in there if you do.
What are you up to today? Got a few minutes for some Saturday surfing?
- This article in The New Yorker about rethinking the science of skin is a long read, but it has forever changed how I view the bar of Dove soap in my shower.
- What is Hypochlorous Acid, and what can it do for you?
- Thanks to the pandemic (uh…), women are growing out their chin hair (and other bodily hair).
- How often should you be washing your hair?
- This polish by Nails Inc dries in 45 seconds, and it’s supposed to be the world’s fastest drying nail polish.How do you feel about pink eyeshadow? — ’cause it’s gonna be all over Chanel this fall.
- 10 budget-friendly perfumes that smell way more expensive than they are…
- How to “blind buy” a new signature perfume without ever smelling it…
- Long-lasting grapefruit perfumes for the citrus enthusiasts out there…
This was refreshing.
Because it never hurts to learn something new
Stretching changes everything! I’m going to try this.
This dude needs to come over to my house and do my hair every day.
This made me tear up.
Have a great rest of your weekend. I hope you’re able to do something relaxing and fun. 😊
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,