If your current favorite lipstick fell into the toilet, would you fish it out and keep using it? ASKING FOR A FRIEND.
Oh, girlfriend. I had MAC Velvet Teddy, a tube in the LE packaging that matches the color inside, which for some reason gives me so much joy… Anyway, I had it in my back pocket yesterday and sorta forgot about it. I was rushing around right before going to go pick up Coywolf from preschool. Went to the bathroom, and right before I was about to leave, pulled down my stretchy mom jeans, and next thing you know I hear a PLOP!
First thing I think is, “Holy sh*t, my phone!” Was not my phone, thank goodness. It was my tube of MAC Velvet Teddy, which I love, love, love, love, love so much.
I fished it out and set it on my desk to dry, and now I don’t know what to do with it!
So, the toilet was um…”not used,” so the water was fresh, and it’s my toilet, so I might use the lipstick again? I don’t know. I’m still very grossed out by this. It would be a totally different story if it had been a public toilet, alright? And if there had been some kind of “action” (ha ha) in it. But it was my toilet, and nothing was in there, and I dunno… I’m still freaked out by this.
Let me also say, though, that I have an irrational fear of things like my toothbrush, my phone and other random things falling in the toilet. I dunno…
Would you still use a lipstick that fell in your toilet? Let me know.
This also makes me think of a story… I can’t remember where I heard it, but it involves poop in soup.
Wait! — let me explain. If there were a massive, wine barrel-sized vat of soup, and you were STARVING, but you also knew there was just a tiny little bit of poop in there (let me clarify — IT’S NOT YOUR POOP. IT’S A STRANGER’S POOP!), would you still eat the soup knowing that there was a minuscule amount of poop in it?
I totally couldn’t. And I feel that way, kind of, about this lipstick now.
Granted, I have a backup on hand because that’s how much I love Velvet Teddy, so I busted it out today, and now that’s what I’m using instead. But it’s not the fancy packaging, ahhh!
On that note, on to today’s reading!
- MAC is releasing a new line of nude lipsticks and glosses called Strip Down that are supposed to work for all skin tones, including the darkest of damsels.
- Your daily dose o’ science history is of the life and times of Hedwig Kohn, a German-American physicist who was one of only three women physics professors at the university level in Germany before World War II. She was forced to leave during the Nazi regime due to her Jewish heritage.
- Let’s hop into the hot tub time machine to revisit early 2000s makeup, just for kicks, yeah?
- The best in beauty in face makeup for darker skin tones, according to Essence.
- Here’s a collaboration I didn’t expect: Sunday Riley skin care is teaming up with United Airlines.
- Does having your own personalized shampoo made just for you make any difference in your hair?
- Best quote I’ve read all week: “If you’re going to hang around someone all day, you might as well make sure they smell amazing, too.”
- Even though they act like they don’t, cats can recognize their own name, according to this new study.
The science of the meow!
Why you need retinol, according to Sephora
A different take on one of my favorite dance songs by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Three steps to transform your life
So it’s raining here in NorCal again, and I thought I was gonna take the baby out to go play at a park, but now I have to find some creative ways to wear her out indoors. Good luck to me! I think we may have to get Tabs involved… Maybe Hide and Go Seek. Connor tells him to go hide behind the couch, and he’s like, “WHA?”
I hope you have a great rest of your day. Talk to you soon!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,