Hiya and greetings on this quarantine Caturday. What’s going on?! 😽
I just had a major MacGyver moment involving these semi-empty body lotion bottles…
Soooooo, usually I’m not super proud that I hold on to beauty products longer than I should. It’s because I think I might need them someday, but really, most of what I keep just ends up gathering dust. I do weird things like hold on to one too many nearly empty bottles of body lotion. Plus, there’s the fact that all of these things take up physical space and add mental clutter to my mind…but that’s a Konmari conversation for another day.
ANYWAYS! It’s very rare when beauty hoarding actually works in my favor, but it did this morning.
I’d just stepped out of the shower and was getting ready to put on lotion when I realized that I couldn’t get to the very last drops of lotion at the bottom of an Aveeno bottle. I had already stored it upside down, so I got most of it out that way (like 95%), so I guess I could’ve left it at that and set the bottle free, but I could tell there was still enough lotion there at the bottom for at least one leg and an arm.
It plagued me.
First, I thought about using a disposable chopstick as a primitive tool, but then I realized — AHA! — there was something better nearby. I have an almost empty Neutrogena lotion bottle, which is taller than the Aveeno bottle and therefore has a longer tube attached to the pump.
I opened it up and used the longer tube to scrape out every last bit of magic from the bottom of the Aveeno bottle, AND DANG IF IT WASN’T THE MOST SATISFYING THING EVER.
- Mark my words — someday in the not-too-distant future a team of brilliant minds will figure out how to project augmented face filters (like the kind that are popular on Instagram) on to our faces, bodies and, heck, maybe even on to our cats as we’re all walking around doing everyday things. It could be like Jem and the Holograms, but, ya know, in real life.
- Kevyn Aucoin’s iconic beauty bible, Making Faces, has been getting a lot of love from makeup artists on social media lately.
- For $18, you can own a pen dedicated solely to drawing faux freckles on yo’ face.
- I just assumed everyone knew this (back in my high school, it was the step you took after experimenting with Sun-In), but apparently there are people out there who had no idea that you could dye your hair with Kool-Aid. Here’s how to do it step-by-step, in case you’re curious.
- Speaking of step-by-steps…here’s how to shave your lady bits.
- Buzz cuts are the new shelter-in-place hairstyle.
Somebody, do this with me.
Recently added to the Isolation Playlist
This one, too!
What Yosemite looks like without people
What’s on your agenda today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,