Good morning, friend! I hope you’re doing well on this lovely Caturday. Short and sweet Saturday Surfing today (and for the squeamish, absolutely no mention of poop…other than this sentence) because it’s sunny 🌞 here right meow, and I need to get some vitamin D.
It’s absolutely necessary for me to function properly — allergies be damned! I’m a little sniffly, but you know what? The sun’s out, so the fun-bun’s coming out as well.
Um…no, my buns aren’t hanging out. 🙄 But my hair bun is!
Now for your weekly dose of reading…
- The best thing I read all week: this piece on how cats get their makeup done for movies. Brace yourself, but the process usually involves kitties nibbling on food and treats, drinking water, and using the litter box while getting their makeup applied!
- First, there was K-beauty. Then J-beauty. So what’s the next big thing? G-beauty, of course, according to the New York Times.
- The simple act of washing your face can be so, so powerful.
- Sephora’s new skin care line is in stores now, and everything is $20 or less.
- People are now getting Botox applied to their head to decrease sweating so blowouts will last longer. On one hand, I’m like, “OK, I give you points for creativity!” but on the other hand, I’m like, “You know you can save that money for retirement, right?”
- Scientists are only just beginning to untangle (haha) the mystery of the mane and how different types of hair came to be.
- These are the bestselling OPI shades of all time (all of which you can *still* buy). Do you have any of them in your collection?
A dermatologist’s entire routine
Note to self: Try one of these low buns to avoid spontaneously chopping my hair off in the middle of the night.
Change my life, why don’t you?!
I love how this kid dances while she plays.
I hope the weather’s nice and you’re doing something fun today. If you’re headed outside, don’t forget your sunscreen!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,