- Flashback time! We’re going all the way back to the winter of 2002. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing 10 years ago?
- Are you naturally athletic?
- Three makeup or beauty-related things you’ve been loving lately?
- Three other things you’ve been loving lately?
- Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
- Something you feel too old to wear?
- Do you blog? Why or why not?
- What’s the least amount of sleep you can fully function on?
- Weekly goals:
Optimistically mellow… 🙂
That would have made me 26, so let’s see… I was four months into a new job working in the legal department at a big public utility and living with a roommate in San Francisco’s Richmond District (five minutes away from the beach!).
It was the happiest I’d been in a while. I finally had a steady job again and a great roommate after working a string of temporary gigs and living in less-than-ideal situations. And things got even better a few months later when I met El Hub.
Good gawd, no. Not when it comes to projectile sports. I was the person in P.E. who’d run away from the ball whenever it was thrown in her direction. In my defense, part of it was because I was nearsighted but didn’t really figure it out until I was 16.
I’m okay when it comes to running, but that’s about it.
Anything and everything moisturizing, like Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Tiger Lily, Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour in Dollface and Pacifica French Lilac Body Butter (in LOVE with this since I picked it up at Sephora on Saturday).
My pink and black plaid Victoria’s Secret pajamas (complete with matching slippers), the nice weather we had last weekend, and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla Tea.
It depends. I’m more of an extrovert, but I withdraw when I’m tired or sad.
Let’s be honest here. Sh*t happens, and yes, there are some things I feel too old to wear, like short shorts, mini skirts and anything with tons of ruffles and/or zippers…
I do! I do it because I enjoy writing, photography, makeup, being theatrical and whimsical, and getting to know interesting people like you.
Six hours. Anything less and I’m a foggy-headed grumpy goat.
Email and call a couple of old friends to say hi, go through the stack of magazines piling up in the living room, and try a new recipe or two.
Hey, hey, happy Monday! I hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend, friend. As usual, mine wasn’t long enough, but I was able to go for a long hike on Saturday with El Hub, and I still feel recharged from that.
There’s just something about spending time outdoors that always perks me up, ya know? I went to this place near my house called the Indian Valley Open Space Preserve. If you’re ever in the area with some time on your hands, there are some beautiful trails, even a tiny waterfall (home to a bunch of salamanders, El Hub excitedly pointed out!), and a number of friendly horses and horseback riders.
I don’t know how ready I am yet for today, but I’ll hang tough if you do. Please take a minute to touch base and say hello in today’s Monday Poll.
2. Flashback time! Do you remember where you were and what you were doing 10 years ago?
3. Are you naturally athletic?
4. Three makeup or beauty-related things you’ve been loving lately?
5. Three other things you’ve been loving lately?
6. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
7. Something you feel too old to wear?
8. The least amount of sleep you can get by on?
9. Do you blog? Why or why not?
10. Weekly goals:
Jeez, last Monday of January already? Let’s make it a day to remember.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,