1. Inflatable pools for adults
Cheers to the genius who dreamed up these adult-sized “kiddie pools,” although I don’t quite understand the point of sharing a tiny pool with someone. Three people in one inflatable pool? NO THANK YOU! That’s just too many limbs in my personal space.
I like this pool with the banana leaf print, but trust me…I’m not sharing. Each one is $42.99, and you can find them at
2. Upload on Amazon Prime Video
Absolutely brilliant! I blazed through the entire season a few weekends ago. It’s set in the near future… 2033…and it’s about a 20-something programmer on the brink of a technology breakthrough when his life is unexpectedly cut short.
No problem though because his consciousness is uploaded to the cloud into a digital slice of virtual “heaven” that people are able to purchase as a service before their demise. Of course, this neatness comes with a price, both monetary and otherwise, and the virtual “afterlife” turns out to be far less than ideal.
I laughed, I screamed (“DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?”), I saw the afterlife through a lens I’d never seen before (big surprise! — capitalism decides to monetize heaven). All I have to say is that I know myself all too well, and if loading your consciousness into a server ever becomes a choice in the near future, I will give that a hard pass.
3. My strawberry plant
I’m growing a strawberry plant in the Lady Sanctuary, and it already has a few green berries, which I’m SUPER EXCITED ABOUT. It’s so cool to see a plant thriving and doing its thing. I just hope the neighborhood squirrels and birds don’t find it so I can actually eat the fruit.
4. Improv ramen with gluten-free noodles from Costco
I’ve been craving all teh carbs lately, especially ramen noodles, and have been making this gluten-free quickie version at home. From start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes, so it’s a fairly quick meal, and the noodles stay good in the cupboard forever (well, almost). Plus, you can customize it with whatever you have on hand.
Lemme walk ya through it…
- Warm about a tablespoon of olive oil in a deep, heavy pot on medium heat. Add a handful of any aromatics you like — I used garlic, a bit of fresh ginger and the white parts of a green onion for mine — and cook till everything’s wilted and fragrant.
- Add one box of beef broth and a box of chicken broth to the pot. (Then, into each empty box, add a little water and swish it around to get all that good flavoring out, and add that to the pot as well.) Add two teaspoons of fish sauce and two teaspoons of soy sauce, but if you don’t have either of those, I’m thinking you can substitute with any thin, salty sauce, like coconut aminos.
Bring to a boil, and simmer on low until you’re ready to add noodles.
- Next, cook your ramen noodles according to the directions on the package, and set them aside. I used Costco’s Lotus Foods Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen, which is gluten free and vegan, and it’s ready after about four minutes of cooking.
- Cook or prep any other accouterments you want. Some ideas: eggs, bacon (which I used this time because I didn’t have pork belly), shrimp, fish cake, green onion slices, corn, peas, dried seaweed… So many options.
- Ladle your broth into a big bowl, add your noodles, proteins and veggies, and enjoy right away! 😋
5. The idea of a tennis shoe collection
Back in the day when I was semi-fabulous, I lived in high heels. These days, not so much. It’s just so much easier for me to sprint after Connor and Rosie when I’m *not* teetering above the ground in three-inch strappy sandals. Plus, my feet are happier now that I stick to comfy sneakers.
The thing is…I don’t feel like I should be doomed to a life of boring footwear!
Sooooo, I’ve been toying with the idea of collecting Nikes…. They’re always coming out with cute styles, and my feet have been happy with every pair of Nikes I’ve owned. Beyond that, my standard-issue uniform these days is black stretchy pants with a tee, or jeans with a tee, and both go well with sassy tennis shoes.
Clearly, I’ve already done the math in my head. LOL!
Anyway, my birthday’s next month, so I’m thinking about finally springing for a pair of Air Jordan 1 High Zip Premiums in this pretty wine color.
I’ve been wanting these shoes for a couple years since they came out in black, and I’m still pining for them. They’re on sale now, so I might just bite the bullet.
I also like the Metcon 5s. The pink, white and black is so my style!
If you collect tennis shoes, please talk me into it! 😁
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,