How was your Tuesday? Hopefully smooth and sans any serious drama-for-your-mama. 🙂
My day was filled with website wrangling (YEEHAW!). I was trading emails with the blog’s new web hosting company (servint), but that crew really knows their stuff. It shouldn’t be long before the blog’s loading much faster, and I can’t wait!
I think I REALLY hit it off with 54, the sheer purple (with purple AND hot pink glitter), but Moon Spoon (the sheer grayish taupe with silver glitter) and Space Cowboy (the almost transparent beige with the peachy golden glitter) weren’t too hard on the eyes either.
What I noticed about ’em…
- Sheer-to-transparent color. We’re talking very light pigmentation — no explosions of intense color. Space Cowboy’s the sheerest one; 54 the least.
- Fine glitter. Hooray for fine glitter! The glitter is a dainty bling, kinda like bling-lite (read: the opposite of Degrassi Junior High), small and low in the chunk factor, too. I love it!
- Bad-arse hold. They reached out and grabbed hold of my lids, and I thought they’d never let go! Fantastic wear time here — SO good, in fact, that they were actually a little tough to remove.
- Fallout? Just a tad. In their PR about these, UD claims you won’t see any glitter fallout with Stardust. Well, any’s a tough word to live up to, but I think UD’s mostly right. I think I saw a few sparkles beneath my eyes and around my cheeks, but no big deal at all. It was nothing compared to most of the glittery shadows I’ve used. Really, I feel like I have a lot of control over Stardust, which is a HUGE plus for me.
- Smooth… You know how glittery products can feel rough, like, um, glitter? — all gritty and grainy? Stardust not so much. I think it feels quite smooth for what it is. Another plus. 🙂
I tried it both wet and then dry using my fingers, Urban Decay’s application tool o’ choice for the Stardust shadows.
The dry fingers created a sheer wash of color…
Wet fingers, on the other hand (ha!), produced a more intense effect…
JEEZ! I love the flexibility.
Are they worth it?
I think it boils down to how much you like the bling. Are ya a glitter girl?
If sparkle’s your hot sauce, these will light you up. Great staying power, smooth texture, flexibility, very little fallout, and top-quality glitter? Nice.
I think I’m picky when it comes to glitter, and I’m really impressed by Stardust. Next time I hit the club, the right kind of party or a runway show, I might have some Stardust on my eyes. UD could have a glitter winner on their hands. Even Tabs agrees. 🙂 Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,