Hey, girls. It’s Monday and I’m feeling kind of blah, so to improve my outlook on this most dreaded of week days, I tried this really fun blue/teal eye with Sonia Kashuk’s Blue Lagoon Eye Shadow Quad ($9.99).
I used all four colors in the Blue Lagoon Quad, along with MAC Indigo Eye Pencil. Here’s the color map and shade placement I used:
- Warm brown matte: browbone and crease
- Grey-blue shimmer: crease
- Gold-teal shimmer: lid (applied with a wet brush) and on the lower lash line
- Dark blue: outer third of lid and along lower lash line
- MAC Indigo Eye Pencil: upper and lower waterline
This was a very bold look for me to wear to work, so to tone it down a little and keep it from looking too clubby, I went with light beige and brown cheeks.
What do you think of the MAC nude lip?
The rest of the look…
What I used over the entire eye
- Two coats of L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara
- One coat of Shu Uemura Precise Volume Waterproof mascara in Black
To treat my undereye circles
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW 25
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Becca Luminous Skin Color tinted moisturizer in Nut
- Becca Stick Foundation in Coffee
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
An option with this look would be to start with a layer MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot beneath the teal shadow on the lid. I tried it the other day while I was playing with the quad, and the layering produced a flash of color that changed from green to gold to teal.
Now that I have my teal blue eye in place, I feel better able to make it through the day. How goes it with you, pretty ladies? What kind of eye look did you wear today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,