There should be a video right up here in this post, but if it isn’t appearing for any reason, you can click here to watch it on YouTube.
Like the coat of moss the oak tree outside my window is wearing, and the color of the tiny buds springing to life on the tips of its beautiful branches.
Green means spring is coming! 🙂
Aaand green also happens to be the color of baby poo…which is neither here nor there, but you can’t really blame me for mentioning it because, SERIOUSLY, I am so ready for this baby to check out of Hotel Karen already.
Ugh. Still. So. Pregnant.
Yup, greens: they aren’t just for smoothies anymore. Green is good, and I thoroughly support wearing green eyeshadow, especially in the spring.
Green gets top billing in this shimmery, springy makeup look I’m wearing with a bunch of products from the Chanel spring 2016 collection, which is brimming with bright shades of green, teal, purple and pink, but they’re handled in that elegant Chanel way.
I think that if my granny saw me wearing this look, she’d still recognize me, ya know what I mean? I feel like I still look like me, because sometimes, when I’m experimenting with colorful makeup, I look into the mirror and think, “WHOA! Who is that girl?”
To subdue some of the bright green intensity on my eyes, I incorporated a satiny pink, and then also a black liner on my lower water lines to sort of neutralize some of the intensity of the purple and bright blue. Then, to balance, instead of compete, with my eyes, I’m wearing soft peach, pink and tan on my cheeks, and pink lips.
Products I’m wearing…
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Concealer
- MAC Mineralizes Skinfinish Natural
- Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper
- MAC Eye Shadow in Brun
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Liner in Pacific Green
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Griffith Green
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Moonlight Pink
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in 88 Noir Intense
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in Tisse Venitien
- Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Liner in Purple Choc
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Liner in Fervent Blue
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel in Ardent Purple
- MAC Eye Shadow in Steamy
- Dolce Gabbana Laguna Eyeshadow Duo
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Mighty
- Chanel Rouge Double Intensite in Tender Beige
As always, thank you for watching!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,