Clean luxury skincare finds — officially, that’s what you’ll get in a Beauty Heroes subscription box. Unofficially, you’ll get a very welcome mini spa session! At least, that’s been my experience with the products from their September 2019 box, all of which I’ve been slathering, patting and smoothing on my face every evening for the last two weeks while watching reruns of The Great British Baking Show on my couch… And, man! — my skin is glowing. Also (knock on wood), pimple-free, at the moment.
Dare I say it, with the exception of the past few days, because Connor hasn’t been sleeping well because she’s been fighting something, I’ve might even be a little more relaxed than usual?!
It must have something to do with these products. I swear, the September box was grand!
I should say here that I’m not normally a subscription box person because I can see myself maybe using one thing from each box and stashing the rest in a basket underneath the bathroom sink, never to see the light of day again, but the Beauty Heroes September box was a game-changer for me. I used and liked everything in it!
What’s Beauty Heroes?
Beauty Heroes is a luxury beauty store/monthly beauty subscription service based here in Novato, California, that features clean skin care and makeup products.
First, they do things a little differently than most subscription services. For one, to qualify as “clean,” everything Beauty Heroes sells has to pass a strict ingredient policy called their Beauty Product Ingredient Standard.
Unlike most monthly services, where you only get a smattering of sample sizes, every Beauty Heroes box contains at least one full-sized item (sometimes more than one!), and the additional samples in the box are usually on the generous side of deluxe.
Each box has a theme, too. Last month’s was all about the company’s bestselling five clean beauty skincare products over the last five years.
What’s it like to experience a Beauty Heroes box?
- You’ll almost certainly discover clean skin care brands you’ve never heard of before. I’ve been following the beauty game for over a decade now, and everything in the September box was new to me, which was a huge part of the appeal. Along with the products, though, came a helpful insert with detailed information about each product’s key ingredients. I felt like someone was walking me through the best-of-the-best clean products out there now.
- Aloha Youth Serum by Honua Hawaiian Skincare: The superhero in this anti-aging serum is Vitamin C derived from noni fruit.
- Kalahari Peridot Infused Brightening Serum by Lilfox: Packed with antioxidants from argan and green coffee bean oils, this hydrating serum is supposed to smooth and tighten the delicate skin around eyes.
- Cacao Antioxidant Face Mask by Josh Rosebrook: A detoxifying mask made with a base of rich and nutritious cacao, and it smells like dark chocolate!
- Sun Serum by Laurel Skin: Made by hand, this elixir contains rosehip, red clover, bilberry, cranberry and red raspberry seed oils to repair sun damage.
- Natural Rejuvenating Treatment Cream II by Ayuna: A lightweight but intensely moisturizing cream powered by green carrot, Arabian cotton, pomegranate, turmeric root and centella.
- You’ll get A LOT of product. Each Beauty Heroes box contains at least one full-sized sample. The September box came with two (the Aloha Youth Serum by Honua and the Kalahari Eye Serum by Lilfox), along with three generously-sized deluxe samples. Everything was luxuriously packaged, too. I definitely didn’t feel like I got any of those leftover sample packets that get thrown into your bag at the Ulta or Sephora at the last minute, you know?
- You’ll feel like you’re getting a break on luxury skin care prices, too. Since the brands carried at Beauty Heroes are high-end (translation: expensive), a typical box is valued between $90-100, and depending on your subscription, you’ll pay anywhere from $37.95 to $58.95 per box.
The Beauty Heroes September 2019 “Beauty Rediscovery: 5 for 5” box…
I’m thinking about signing up for a three-month subscription, because along with the monthly boxes, you also get 15% off purchases at the Beauty Heroes store (both online and in-store).
It might be worth it if you’re into clean beauty, or if you’ve been wanting to discover new brands, especially indie clean beauty brands.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,