Raise your hand if you’re a proud owner of the Urban Decay Electric palette or a similar bright eyeshadow palette!
OK, now, raise your hand if you don’t use it as much as you wish you did!
HA, I see quite a lot of you have raised your hands both times, just like I have…
But frankly, the UD Electric is too beautiful a palette to just gather dust in my makeup drawer, and I’ve decided I want to change that!
So I’m thinking this is the perfect time to finally try the turquoise and green color combination I fell in love with last fall, when I saw the gorgeous look Pat McGrath had created for Diane Von Furstenberg at NYFW Spring 2016.
And if you, too, want to show your brights some much-deserved love, why don’t you get ready with me today? 😉
After applying primer all over the lids, pack a vibrant green shadow on the mobile lids with a firm brush, and blend it out just above the crease using a tiny bit of the same shadow on a fluffier brush, creating an elongated shape in the outer corners. Then prime your lower lash lines, apply the same green, and blend out the edges really well – we don’t want any harsh lines.
Now, wet a shader brush and use it to line the upper lashes with a turquoise shadow. Then blend the edge between green and turquoise so that the two colors merge together.
To add dimension and definition, trace a thin line with a cobalt blue as close to the upper lashes as you can, and smudge, smudge, smudge! 😉 Once you’ve done that, repeat the process on the lower lash lines using a teal eyeshadow.
Line your waterlines, if you like, put on mascara, fill in your brows, and the eyes are done!
Since I like these bright shades better when paired with a sunkissed complexion, I’ve warmed up my skin with a bronzing gel before going in with my foundation and bronzer. Feel free to skip that, if you don’t find it necessary!
Here’s a full list of the products I’ve used:
- Eye primer: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Bright green eyeshadow – Urban Decay Pressed Pigment Palette, Freak
- Turquoise eyeshadow – Urban Decay Pressed Pigment Palette, Gonzo
- Cobalt eyeshadow – Urban Decay Pressed Pigment Palette, Chaos
- Teal eyeshadow – Urban Decay Pressed Pigment Palette, Fringe
- Eyeliner – WYCON Long-Lasting Eyeliner in 16 Strong Coffee
- Mascara – PUPA Vamp! Mascara in 100 Extra Black
- Bronzing Gel – Givenchy Mister Radiant
- Foundation – La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur in Fair/Light
- Concealers – Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Light
- Powder – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
- Bronzer – Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sun-Kissed
What do you think? Are you going to give this look a go? If you do, I’d LOVE for you to tag me on Instagram so that I can see it! 🙂