Today only, all purchases of Eight Hour Cream products made through the Elizabeth Arden site will ship for free, which is nice because they don’t always offer free shipping. They’re also throwing in free samples of Eight Hour Cream, Skin Protectant, Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment and Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment.
Fun Facts: The Number 8
- Elizabeth Arden launched their iconic Eight Hour Cream in 1930.
- Eight is the atomic number of oxygen.
- The Olympic Games begin today (8-8-08) in China. In Chinese culture, the number 8 is considered the luckiest number.
- Sci-fi nerd time! In the Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis television shows, dialing an 8 on a stargate opens a wormhole to another galaxy.
- In hip hop, “808” often refers to the sound made by a synthesized drum.
- 808 is also the area code for the State of Hawaii.
- Eight pinches approximate one teaspoon in cooking.
- A piano keyboard has 88 keys.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,