Luckily for St. Tropez, their new bronzing powder pellets really do rock, and not just in the ’80s power ballad kinda way.
Shimmering Bronzing Rocks ($40) actually look like little rocks. Well, they go from looking like rocks to looking like delicious chocolate truffles, but that could just be me!
Luxurious St. Tropez specializes in thinking outside the box when it comes to their self-tanners and bronzers. These Bronzing Rocks complement skin that’s already been kissed by the sun, taking it all the way to the Bronze Age by adding a shimmery, golden glow to shoulders, decollete, cheeks, face, lips and eyes. To ladies of lighter skin tones, Bronzing Rocks deliver a beautiful but subtle glow that’s safer than a regular tan; darker skin tones get a lovely golden shimmer.
How to rock
To apply, swirl a brush on the rocks (hold the olive!) and apply directly to the skin. Or, wield one of the rocks like a piece of chalk, drawing on the eyelids or lips, fun!
One of the best power ballads, evah!
“Good” glitter and a peachy golden glow
St. Tropez feels like a casual bronzer to me, one I’d wear to a beach bar barefoot in a slinky summer dress. I used it today to contour my face and cheeks and really like the fine glitter because it doesn’t make my skin look oily.
As for the color? — worthy of a good headbang. It’s a golden, peachy brown about the shade of late afternoon sunlight, and it’s not muddy or orange at all on my skin.
Shimmering Bronzing Rocks on NC35 skin
Something that doesn’t rock?
The price. A budget blocks these rocks. It costs $40, which is a lot of coin for a bronzer, even one as interesting as this, and the packaging isn’t exactly convenient. The jar may look amazing on a dressing table, but it won’t fit in most makeup bags.
Glow forth and bronze!
Have you tried any of these drugstore bronzers before?
- Sonia Kashuk Bare Minimum Pressed Powder Bronzer in Golden, $10
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Bronzer in Fair, $12
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer in Sunkissed, $11
- Maybelline Expertwear Singles Bronzers in Forever Warm, Sunlight or Salsa Sun ($6 each)
- Physician’s Formula Wet/Dry Baked Bronzer, $11
- Ulta Minerals Bronzer, $6
- Cover Girl Cheekers Bronzer in Copper Radiance or golden tan, $4 each
- Essence Bronzing Pearls, $3
- Iman Sheer Finish Bronzing Powder in Clay or Sand, $15 each
- Revlon Beyond Natural Blush Bronzer in Nude, Peach, Pink Bling or Plumberry, $12 each
I love the luscious golden shimmer and the whole idea of these nuggets, but Bronzing Rocks would rock harder at half the price. Of course, if you have some extra change in your pocket, rock on! Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,