Happy Friday, babes! I hope you slept well. Do you have a minute this morning for a quick dive into drugstore fun with Neutrogena’s Moisture Shine Gloss ($9)?
The line of sheer, non-sticky, medium-weight glosses has been around for a while, with 14 colors to choose from in natural shades of pink, purple, peach, copper and nude.
Of the ones I’ve tried so far — Nutri Berry (a shimmery strawberry pink), Super Sparkle (a shimmery beige) and Potent Plum (a shimmery plum) — I like Nutri Berry best. I just think it looks slightly more pigmented than the other two…
From left: Nutri Berry, Super Sparkle, Potent Plum
Other things I like about Moisture Shine Gloss…
- The smooth texture feels comfortable on my lips
- Can you say hydration? I’d say it’s comparable to Clinique Super Balm
- They don’t overload my senses with any taste or scent
- The doe-foot applicator is easy to use for detailed work
- Neutrogena got the shine just right
- The glitter is safe for real-world use, aka it has what I refer to as “good” glitter
Some things I don’t like about ‘em…
- $9 seems a little high for a drugstore gloss when an extra $5 puts you in reach of a MAC Lipglass
- Very limited wear time (about 90 minutes or so)
- Some of the caps were harder to close than others, so the packaging might be a little inconsistent
- I’d love to see them in a wider variety of colors — more fun, unusual shades
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
I like how Moisture Shine Gloss feels on my lips and appreciate the moisture, but if you’re listening, Neutrogena, how about knocking a couple bucks off the price?
You might like Neutrogena Moisture Shine Gloss if
- …you prefer non-sticky glosses
- …you like subtle shine and sheer color
- …you don’t mind having to reapply often
- …you like doe-foot applictors
- …you’re looking for a line of glosses to keep your kisser hydrated
Have you given them a try? If so, what did you think?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,