Wearing NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in International Velvet
Look out for shorty!
I gotta get that printed on a t-shirt…
No, seriously. Have I ever told you about my weird knack for crossing paths with swarms of really, really tall people?
I’m like a giant magnet! — and by that I mean a magnet for giants.
Happens all the time. Pretty much every time I’m out walking in a crowded place, and it doesn’t matter if I spot the giants coming from a mile away. Some how, some way, I always end up in their path, darting back and forth between their long legs like a cat in a giraffe stampede!
It’s the weirdest thing…
Happened last Friday in Tahoe, as a matter of fact. There I was, making my way across the casino toward
the Kitty Glitter machine the restroom when a pack of really tall dudes suddenly appeared!
Gah! I tried to cut left but was blocked by a line of craps tables, then right but was blocked by a slow-moving couple.
By then, it was too late…
The giants descended upon me like…giants! Instinctively, I brought my hands up to protect my face, as I was carried along the casino floor like a tiny leaf in a rushing river of striped shirts and strong cologne. The creatures barked, too, shouting “Yo, bro!” at each other and slapping high-fives.
I told myself, “stay calm,” and retreated to my mental safe place. For strength, I tried to think of something larger than life…
…like the five new NARS Larger Than Life Lip Glosses from the Andy Warhol Pop Holiday 2012 collection ($26 each).
From the left: International Velvet, Viva, Candy Says, Penny Arcade and Hollywoodlawn
Swatches from the left: International Velvet, Viva, Candy Says, Penny Arcade and Hollywoodlawn
The NARS Larger Than Life Lip Glosses from the Andy Warhol Pop Holiday 2012 collection
- Available in five shades — Penny Arcade (a creamy, sheer raspberry), International Velvet (a creamy and sheer cool pink), Viva (a creamy, pigmented rosy brown), Candy Says (a shimmery pink with white pearl) and Hollywoodlawn (a creamy orange).
- Each of the $26 0.19-ounce tubes comes with a tiny brush applicator, which truth be told, I’m not crazy about (where’s mah doe-foot, FranÃ§ois?).
- The brush applicator does a fine job getting into corners, but it has a hard time applying the product evenly without streaks (the coverage evens out somewhat after it settles).
- They have a slightly sticky texture.
- Last from 2-3 hours on my lips.
- They’re unscented but have a light brown sugar flavor that I like.
- I wouldn’t consider them moisturizing, but at least they aren’t drying.
- The super shiny finish mellows down to a soft sheen over time.
Take it from me, if you ever find yourself caught in one of those giant stampedes, just remember, this too shall pass…but if it doesn’t and goes on more than a few seconds, wave your arms around and yell, “GAHHH! LEMME OUT!”
PRICE: $26 each
AVAILABILITY: Coming October 1 to Sephora stores and sephora.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B (pretty colors, but the application can be a bit tricky with the included brush)
Misery, oui oui
Swear to gawd, I can’t watch this video without cracking up laughing!
Meet Henri, morose long-haired kitty philosopher.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,