Have you had a chance to check out Shu Uemura’s new Rouge Unlimited Supreme lipsticks ($30 each)?
There are 14 of them in all, each one of the gloss-in-lipstick’s clothing variety — meaning that they feel like lipsticks on the lips but shine like a gloss.
Shu claims their exclusive color technology (get ready to be blinded with fancy talk!) of hybrid pigments, film-keeping capsules and ultra-shine oils makes them more intensely pigmented than similar offerings from other brands.
But does the difference justify the price?
- Medium-weight texture feels smooth and non-sticky
- Scent- and flavor-free
- Hydrating formula doesn’t dry out my lips
- Slim, sleek packaging
- Quite expensive at $30 a tube
- About a two-hour wear time (NOTE: I have a bad habit of rubbing and smacking my lips together, so they may last longer for you)
- Numerical color naming system not the easiest to remember
Big ups for the intense color and shine of these hybrids, but I’d like ‘em WAY more if they were less expensive and lasted a little longer than they do. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. How was your hump day? What happened at school/work? I’m bummed about missing the series premiere of V last night… Did you watch it? What did you think? I need my sci-fi fix.