Benefit’s at it again this year, adding fragrant fuel to the fire that is my current obsession with petite perfume bottles, by taking us down another holiday trip down Crescent Row. Their new $36 Crescent Row Limited Edition Set bundles together four of the line’s 0.43-oz. (they’re small but cute) eau de toilettes.
The official fragrance notes
- Laugh with Me Lee Lee — A light blend of citrus, jasmine and lily blossoms
- My Place or Yours Gina — An alluring affair of pink pepper (a spice made from dried berries), wild raspberry and patchouli
- Garden of Good & Eva — A crisp floral spiked with pear, jasmine and freesia
- Ring My Bella — A seductive floral with lily, jasmine and vanilla
More on the Benefit Crescent Row fragrance family…
- The Benefit Crescent Row Fragrances: Laugh With Me, Lee Lee
- The Benefit Crescent Row Fragrances: My Place or Yours, Gina?
- Benefit Crescent Row Second Story: Three New Fragrances Coming Soon
- You Might Need a Row of Diplomas to Open the Benefit Crescent Row Coffret Set
I’m a little bummed that Benefit’s warm and cozy So Hooked on Carmella, one of my favorite wintertime scents, didn’t make an appearance in this year’s Crescent Row set. With its top notes of lemon, grapefruit and rhubarb; middle notes of cyclamen, peony and tiare flower; and bottom notes of vanilla, sandalwood and amber, it’s my idea of a perfect fragrance to wear while snuggling by a fire.
Even though the four fragrances in this year’s set look and seem more to me like spring and summer scents than fragrances for winter and fall, I still like them all. Fragrance is a very personal thing, of course, and opinions will vary, but these four last all day long on my skin and remain pleasant as the notes evolve.
SIDE NOTE: If you prefer scents that begin with a whisper, brace yourself before you sniff test these. I think all four of them start with a BANG!
If you won’t/can’t commit to just one fragrance, or have a friend or family member like that, this year’s Benefit Crescent Row Limited Edition Set might be a perfect fragrance match.
PRICE: $36 for four 0.43-oz. bottles
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora stores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,