Some days, I feel like I need a shot of glitter even before I crawl out of bed. Something to distract me from the tabby lying next to me and staring with those disapproving eyes that say, “Why do you look like such a train wreck first thing in the morning?”
MAC’s new limited edition Marilyn Monroe Dazzleglasses in Phiff! (exclamation mark included) and Little Rock were made for days like that.
Sprinkled with large pearl particles, the two sheer, glittery $21.50 glosses shimmer and shine like a Disney princess (or a diva kitty supermodel’s eyes).
While pretty and sparkly on their own (and pretty sparkly), I think Phiff! and Little Rock look even better layered on top of lipsticks. Both of them are super sheer, and consequently, leave the color of underlying lipsticks alone. They’re content just adding oodles of sparkle and shine.
I like popping either one on top of a rich red, like MAC Marilyn Monroe’s Scarlet Ibis, or a nude like Pure Zen.
More Dazzleglass deets
- They come with a brush applicator that makes them easy to layer on top of lipsticks
- As both shades are very sheer and forgiving, they’re pretty easy to apply without a mirror (I feel like my mistakes are more noticeable with highly pigmented products)
- They feel thick and sticky on my lips — thicker and much stickier than MAC’s Lipglasses (so sticky that they’re almost uncomfortable!)
- I find the formula to be just slightly drying
- With these, I get between 4-5 hours of wear time, which isn’t bad
PRICE: $21.50 each
AVAILABILITY: Coming October 4 to MAC counters and stores (available now online, but last I checked, they were both sold out)
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Tuesday greetings and salutations, friend. Looks like it’s going to be another hot one here in the Bay Area, so if you need me to beam some sun rays in your direction, just holla.
You have a good morning, okay? Tabs says “Mrow.”
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,