New Benefit Blush: Coralista
- Sephora’s Beauty & the Blog gives a sneak peek of Coralista, the newest boxed blush from Benefit. Purty!
During Tough Times, Women Turn to Lipstick
- The Lipstick Index, the financial barometer that says makeup sales rise directly in relation to free-falling finances, has increased 40% in the past few months. If you can’t decide on a color for fall, The New York Times kindly provides a list of 41 lipstick shades for the season.
Chanel Appoints a New Art Director
- Chanel recently appointed Ezra Petronia, editor-in-chief of Self Service Magazine (get your mind out of the gutter, dirty birdy), as the new art director for its makeup and watch businesses. Petronia’s previous beauty campaign credits include Prada and Chloe. I’ve always liked the cleanliness and simplicity of Chanel’s beauty ads, so I wonder if he’s going to take it in a new direction.
- Are you as excited as I am about the upcoming launch of Hello Kitty for MAC Cosmetics in February? Specktra Beauty News has the dish on this very highly anticipated collection!
Twilight Riot in SF
- Holy crap! All hell broke loose at the fan meet-and-greet in San Francisco yesterday with Twilight actor Robert Pattison. A few fans got trampled and a girl reportedly broke her nose.
The Hills Quiz… I Totes Failed
- Apparently I need to pay closer attention when I’m watching The Hills. I took Bella Sugar’s The Hills Quiz and failed miserably! I think witnessing Spencer and Heidi’s ridiculousness for the billionth time sent me into a vegetative state. Yah, that’s it. 🙂
Even More Paris
- If you can’t get enough of Paris, check out Dino-Ray’s coverage for the SF Examiner.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,