Technical Difficulties, or How to Make Your Thursday Go from Rad to Lame in 10 Seconds or Less

Rough day

Hi, ladies. I hope your day has gone smoother than mine. It’s late here on the West Coast, so I’m gonna keep this short and sweet. I’m on my eighth cup of Stress Relief Tea right now because the MBB server conked out earlier tonight. Consequently, the last few hours have been about as much fun as a root canal without anesthesia. I hope to have the missing posts restored tomorrow morning so we can get our beauty back on track.

Good thing stuff like this doesn’t happen very often (knock on wood) because, quite frankly, it sucks. :)

Have a great night. I’ll see you soon.

So far, 43 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Jenn says:

Wow no fun! About not as fun as not having electricity for 7+ hours here in San Diego! Hope it all gets worked out!

2. Christina says:

Eek! So sorry to hear about the technical difficulties, Karen! :( Things have been pretty crazy in the west coast today. Did you hear about the blackout that basically took down San Diego county, Los Angeles, and parts of Arizona and Mexico? The fam and I were hanging out in an electric candle filled room for about 5 hours until the power came back recently. I don’t know if your server going down was just an unfortunate coincidence but I’m glad things seem to be back to normal now! <3

3. Radhika says:

Missing posts……:| :| Hope you sort it out sooon…..!!

4. Sherry B. says:

Don’t worry, sweetie! We’ll always wait for you and Tabs! :)

5. Britany B. says:

Can we get a review on Cover Girls NatureLuxe Foundation?

^_^ k.thnx.bai

6. Crystal says:

Hope everything is up and running soon:)
    Crystal recently posted … This Just In: 4 Mac Eye Shadows and A Lipglass

7. Dao says:

Poor Karen and Tabs! I hope the Internet God will listen to your prayers and sort things out soon.

8. Chris25 says:

Frog legs! Technical difficulties are just a kick in the pants, aren’t they? :( It’s a good thing my bro is a computer whiz. I’d be so lost without him.

Lucky you, Chris, to have your own on-call technical support! Are you and your bro close? I have a younger brother (6 years younger) who I adore, but I don’t get to see him nearly enough.

• Chris25 says:

Yeah, he’s 5 years younger than me, and I basically raised him. We talka about everything Harry Potter, and his dog Zoe knows me as “Aunty Chris”. :P

My brother and I have a similar age gap — he’s six years my junior! Even though he’s 30, I still think of him as my baby brother. :)

How cute that you’re Zoe’s auntie!

9. sarahc says:

That sounds stressful. I hope that stress relief tea is decaf!

10. FragrantWitch says:

Oh no! Try to yurn tour brain off when you get into bed and get some sleep. A warm purring Tabs should help! We’ll look forward to seeing you soon. :)

Hi FragrantWitch (great handle, btw!),

I managed to get to bed before 1 thanks to a huge mug of Sleepytime tea. :) Tabs helped a lot, too — he settled down on my chest and snuggled for a good 10 minutes.

Happy Friday, btw! What are your plans for the weekend?

ohhh Karen, hang in there! for a while, i was thinking it was our server at work that was messing up!

it will all work out — and we shall be here waiting for mbb to come back to normal! <3

12. Kim says:

Karen, I blame myself. I’ve been swamped and was bemoaning the fact that I hadn’t been able to check in – and that it would take me forever to catch up on the posts I missed. I didn’t wish for your server to crash or anything, but it looks like my good luck was very bad for you. I’m sorry. :(

On a more serious note, hang in there! Your readers are loyal and we’re very spoiled by your constant new content. It’ll do us some good to have to wait so we can appreciate your efforts even more. Right gals? Who’s with me? Don’t worry, I’ll stop before it becomes John Belushi in Animal House (with the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor). :)

Have a great weekend and I hope everything will be running perfectly, very soon!

13. trishaL says:

HI Karen, hope today is better for you! :)

14. Heidi says:

Well, that explains why when I was checking for new posts last night I got Sundays with Tabs. I was very confused — I know the week has been flying by, but Sunday already?

Anyway, good luck getting it all restored. Technical difficulties are WAY stressful!

Thanks, Heidi. All in all, things turned out okay. It bummed me out to lose all of those great comments, but at least things are still up and running.

How’s your Friday going? Good, I hope.

15. Trisha says:

I know the feeling. My blog conked out for about a half a day last month and I really wanted to cry. In fact, I might have actually done so.

16. gio says:

That sound so awful and stressful! Hope everyone will run well again soon.
    gio recently posted … Looks: Au Naturel

17. CJ Wright says:

Karen, you didn’t tell us that your kitty was southern! (Ya’ll) lol! I really enjoy the pics you post of him. I volunteer for a Cat rescue out of Sebring FL and I share my copies of your emails with all my crazy cat friends! PS It is a no-kill and my friend has a wonderful place she keeps them! I feel like a grandmother because I “socialize” with them. Just wanted to tell you I look forward to your daily emails!!! Take care and God Bless!!!

Hi CJ,

We adopted him as a stray… I think he might’ve spent some time down south before we met him, LOL!

That’s so cool that you do volunteer work for the cat rescue. I’m bet you and your co-workers change so many lives for the better. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without Tabs. He makes every day better!

Do you have any kitties of your own?

18. mkdallas says:

Sorry to hear about the server issues, but on the up-side, the pic of Tabs is awesome! He looks incredibly disgruntled, lol.

19. Mary says:

I thought “down South” was San Jose! XXOO

20. mn says:

I hardly recognized Tabs b/c he looked so sourly (or maybe it was b/c there was no belly in the shot)… glad to hear that thinks are back to normal. Sorry that you went through a rough patch… just know that we appreciate the posts no matter when they come out.