How’s it going, ladies? Happy Saturday. 🙂 Today’s Saturday Surfing begins with a PG-13 story about a very naughty tabby cat. His name is Tabs, and he’s been on my sh*t list since last night.
In a brazen attempt to eat Sushi for dinner (our pet betta fish), Tabs used the air mattress I’ve been sleeping on since my in-laws arrived last week as a springboard, leaping from it to the top of the hutch upon which sits Sushi’s bowl.
Within seconds, Tabs was poised to strike, his claw raised above the bowl, the poor fish likely trembling next to his plastic water lily.
I was quick enough to save Sushi’s life, but the air mattress wasn’t so lucky. Poor thing was punctured by kitty claws… I tried to patch them with duct tape, but when I awoke this morning it was totally flat, with me basically sleeping on the ground. Yup, good times…
Hopefully today’s Saturday Surfing helps me work the kinks out of my back. Grab your board, and keep me company, okay?
Random Bright Spots
- 15 eco-friendly back-to-school accessories under $50 — College Fashion
- A sneak peek at MAC Fabulous Felines — We Heart This
- Three words: cats in costumes — Refinery 29
- MEOW! A DIY leopard print manicure — The Irish Beauty Blog
- Becca’s Prairie Moon Fall 2010 collection looks gorge! — Product Girl
- Bobbi Brown’s Holiday 2010 collection has super BRIGHT pops of color — British Beauty Blogger
- Benefit caters to cat ladies with their latest product, Prrrowl — Makeup4all
- Seriously, Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks is modeling scarves on Etsy?! — Stylelist
- How to keep your makeup from rubbing off — The Girls in the Beauty Department
- A simple, sexy ponytail — Allure
- CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer seems pretty cool, doesn’t it? — Beauty Addict
- Three great alternatives to MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow — Bellasugar
New in Beauty
- Shiseido says their new Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios ($33) pack intense color and deliver smooth blendability (that’s my word, LOL!)
- Would you pay $150 for Kate Somerville’s Neck Tissue Repair Cream?
- Interesting… Bliss has a new Eau de Toilette ($18-54)
- The Josie Maran Argan Eye Love You Shadow Palette ($42) contains eight argan-infused eyeshadows
- What do ya think of the Giorgio Armani Eye ($59), Blush ($49) and Eyes to Kill Palettes ($59) for fall?
- Annick Goutal jumps on the rollerball bandwagon with this travel friendly bottle of Petite Cherie ($39)
- SUPER CUTE! The Clarisonic Mia is now available in Lavender ($149)
- Laura Mercier says she created the new Creme Smooth Foundation ($50) to float over skin without settling into fine lines
- Great for summer thunderstorms: the Cargo Liquid Shadow Collection ($22) can be used wet or dry
More MAC Venomous Villains!
A very cute look at NYX’s Nude on Nude palette, a UD Naked palette dupe
Been listening to this song for about 24 hours straight…
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! Talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,