Ah…good run, but it wasn’t exactly a run, per se. More like a slow, sweaty trot. 🙂
While I’m “running,” I like to sing and groove to my iPod (today I was BUMPING Biggie!), and periodically I’ll throw in a Jersey Shore-inspired fist pump for effect. I’m pretty sure I look completely redonkulous, but in my mind I’m sprinting like a gazelle down the beach in Chariots of Fire, ha!
Care to cool down with me and some Saturday Surfing?
Random bright spots
- Why it might be a bad idea to travel with nail polish remover — Bella Sugar
- Um, I hate to admit it, but I totally need this under-arm stain remover — Refinery 29
- NO CLUE where I’d wear these wedge/sneaker hybrids, but I sure do ’em! — Blog de Betty
- This fall Lancome celebrates flappers — Stylelist
- MAC’s donating a portion of Rodarte Collection proceeds to charity — The Cut Blog
- Crank up the volume of fine hair with Sebastian’s Volupt Spray — The ART and Science of [beauty]
- Are you a hat girl? Me too! Check out these hot summer hats for under $50 — True Birds
- BRILLIANT! I adore this bright and shimmery teal eye — Phyrra
- 3 top drugstore gems for under $5 — Confessions of a Beauty Guru
- What do you think of the OPI Summer Flutter collection? — Magic Maid
- J. Crew’s Chanel-inspired jacket — Bay Area Style File
- How to improve your guy’s summer wardrobe — College Fashion
New in beauty
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, is Tokidoki’s Vanita Mirror ($25) cutest of them all?
- Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Eyeshadow Palettes in Blue Dahlia and Surreal Violet ($42 each) just made me squeal
- Laura’s Secrets Volume 1 (Laura Mercier, $59): a kit for flawless lips
- I’d like to have a Private Affair with LORAC’s new smokey palette ($38) this fall
- Do the antioxidants in the Illumin8 With Youthful Synergy Complex Eye Shadow Palette ($40) really lift, hydrate and soothe?
- Tokidoki’s always killing me with cuteness: the Pittura Brush Set ($35)
- Tarina Tarantino’s Starchild Odyssey Palette ($39) looks totally astronomical!
- Fossil’s Key-Per Frame Cosmetic Case ($25) draws on retro prints
- Laura Mercier says her Full Blown Volume Mascara ($24) uses hair care technology to coat lashes with a glazing gel for an ultra thick curl
- The Stila One Step Correct Triple Swirl Helix Primer brightens AND covers imperfections ($36)
- If you like brights, head for The Backstage Eyeshadow Palette ($28) from Stila
- Physicians Formula Shimer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner ($9) colors, contours and lines eyes with high-impact color
- For the nudist of discerning taste: LORAC Nude Scene Collection comes with soft shades for eyes, lips and cheeks ($25)
- Create your own color scheme with the Sephora Refillable Lipstick Palette ($15)
- My dark circles are telling me to try Garnier’s new Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller ($12)
In other news, have you seen Inception yet with Leo? I’m dying to know if it’s any good (but no spoilers, please)!
What’s the game plan for tonight? I’m supposed to be meeting some friends for Peruvian food (viva la carbs!) in the city. I’m already hungry, of course.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!). 🙂