Double rainbow, y’all
Ah… The sun is out, birds are chirping, and I’m feeling pretty darn good.
Maybe not as good as the double rainbow guy, but good nonetheless. 🙂
What are you up to today? I just finished a slow trot on the treadmill, and now I’m getting ready to head to the city to check out an Impressionists exhibit (my favorite movement!) at the Legion of Honor museum.
I get the feeling we’re in for another hot one today. Care to cool off in the surf with me before I jet?
Random bright spots
- Eyebrow styles, like fashion, change over time. Take a look here at how brow trends have changed. Which are your faves (I dig Iman’s!)? — Bella Sugar
- 8 different day/night looks for different body shapes — College Fashion
- AWESOME: Betty White poses with shirtless hunks to support animal health and welfare — Stylelist
- A comprehensive guide to exfoliation — In My Professional Opinion
- A historical look at Chanel No. 5 — Older Girl Beauty
- The 10 best looks from Hong Kong Fashion Week — The Cut
- De-frizz your hair with…a kabuki brush?!? — The Beauty Couch
- How to: fabulous wedding hair — Hair on the Brain
- Ongoing super savings at Target — Nouveau Cheap
New in beauty
- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum ($28) — instantly primes, plumps, and lengthens while simultaneously promoting long-term lash growth
- Burberry Sport for Women Eau de Toilette ($48) — with notes of mandarin orange, sea salt, vetiver, freesia and honeysuckle
- Get perfect ponytails by smoothing and controlling flyaways with HerCut The Ponytail Styling Lotion ($22)
- Stretch marks? Mustela claims their Stretch Marks Double Action ($39) lotion makes existing stretch marks less noticeable and future ones less likely to occur
- Too Face Lashgasm ($21) fakes dramatically longer lashes in black
- Sephora’s Purple Smoky Eyes Tutorial ($36) for (you guessed it!) purple smokey eyes!
- Benefit makeup half off (products as low as $9)!
- The skincare products in the new Origins Zero Oil ($18.50-25) line cut down on oil and shine
- Philosophy’s Beach Party Body Lotion ($30) smells like pineapple and coconut
- Bobbi Brown’s Bahamas Bronze Set ($55) — a golden glow for the fairest of them all
- Laura Mercier’s Mystique Collection ($22-24) sparkles like the city at night
- Cyber sex-ify your lashes with Shu Uemura Neo ($12-65)
And the double rainbow returns (now with a remix)!
Because one can never play enough Super Mario Bros.
NEAT! Here’s a music video made entirely on the new iPhone 4
Quick question: Have you ever seen a double rainbow before? Just asking. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!). 🙂