Double rainbow, y’all
Ah… The sun is out, birds are chirping, and I’m feeling pretty darn good.
Maybe not as good as the double rainbow guy, but good nonetheless.
What are you up to today? I just finished a slow trot on the treadmill, and now I’m getting ready to head to the city to check out an Impressionists exhibit (my favorite movement!) at the Legion of Honor museum.
I get the feeling we’re in for another hot one today. Care to cool off in the surf with me before I jet?
Random bright spots
- Eyebrow styles, like fashion, change over time. Take a look here at how brow trends have changed. Which are your faves (I dig Iman’s!)? — Bella Sugar
- 8 different day/night looks for different body shapes — College Fashion
- AWESOME: Betty White poses with shirtless hunks to support animal health and welfare — Stylelist
- A comprehensive guide to exfoliation — In My Professional Opinion
- A historical look at Chanel No. 5 — Older Girl Beauty
- The 10 best looks from Hong Kong Fashion Week — The Cut
- De-frizz your hair with…a kabuki brush?!? — The Beauty Couch
- How to: fabulous wedding hair — Hair on the Brain
- Ongoing super savings at Target — Nouveau Cheap
New in beauty
- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum ($28) — instantly primes, plumps, and lengthens while simultaneously promoting long-term lash growth
- Burberry Sport for Women Eau de Toilette ($48) — with notes of mandarin orange, sea salt, vetiver, freesia and honeysuckle
- Get perfect ponytails by smoothing and controlling flyaways with HerCut The Ponytail Styling Lotion ($22)
- Stretch marks? Mustela claims their Stretch Marks Double Action ($39) lotion makes existing stretch marks less noticeable and future ones less likely to occur
- Too Face Lashgasm ($21) fakes dramatically longer lashes in black
- Sephora’s Purple Smoky Eyes Tutorial ($36) for (you guessed it!) purple smokey eyes!
- Benefit makeup half off (products as low as $9)!
- The skincare products in the new Origins Zero Oil ($18.50-25) line cut down on oil and shine
- Philosophy’s Beach Party Body Lotion ($30) smells like pineapple and coconut
- Bobbi Brown’s Bahamas Bronze Set ($55) — a golden glow for the fairest of them all
- Laura Mercier’s Mystique Collection ($22-24) sparkles like the city at night
- Cyber sex-ify your lashes with Shu Uemura Neo ($12-65)
And the double rainbow returns (now with a remix)!
Because one can never play enough Super Mario Bros.
NEAT! Here’s a music video made entirely on the new iPhone 4
Quick question: Have you ever seen a double rainbow before? Just asking.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!).