Three things that take a Saturday from good to great: coffee in my mug, a cat on my lap and two uninterrupted hours of random web surfing.
Before you roll out to watch Hot Tub Time Machine (which is on my to-do list, fo’ reals), pull up a chair, and let’s do some surfing. C’mon, you’ll have fun!
Random bright spots
- Peep the new Tom Ford Private Blend Lip Color Collection — British Beauty Blogger
- Christine’s got pics and details of Urban Decay’s Summer Pocket Rocket glosses — Temptalia
- Is the “repeat” step really necessary when shampooing? — Bella Sugar
- Jimmy Choo and Tory Burch shoe dupes for less! — I am Style-ish
- This Light & Easy Yogurt Pie would make a yummy Easter dessert — Love Maegan
- You can get with this, or you can get with that… — Sicka Than Average
- Have you ever tasted this strage fruit? — Boing Boing
- I’ll take one of everything from H&M’s Garden Collection, please — H&M
- Meow, meow! TGIF kitties — Kitty Stampede
- 30 habits that will change your life — Freestyle Mind
- Peep Peepshi is sushi made from marshmallow Peeps — Neatorama
New in beauty
- Clinique’s Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup ($25) conceals blemishes AND redness
- Get heavenly-scented hands with Philosophy’s Amazing Grace Hand Wash and Lotion ($35)
- SOUNDS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT: Tela Beauty Organics packed their Sugar Scrub ($25) with pure cane sugar, almond oil and honey
- Paul & Joe’s Foundation Primer ($30) now comes in a shade for women of color called Miel
- I love how this Dianne Brill Lip Lingerie gloss set ($47) looks like a box of chocolates
- Lipstick Queen’s Discovery Kit ($48) comes with three bestsellers in red, nude and fuchsia
- Get a look at all the makeup that comes with Ulta’s 69-piece Beauty School Blockbuster ($19), WOW!
- Smashbox says their Limitless Eye Liner ($19) won’t smudge or budge for up to eight hours
- S’MORE SMASHBOX: Hyperlash Mascara ($21) revs up lashes by lifting, thickening and defining with a unique dual comb/brush applicator
- Laura Mercier’s new Shine Control collection ($27-32) introduces two new ways to get a fresh matte complexion
- Speaking of oily skin, Shu Uemura is introducing Purenovate ($35-50), a purifying program for oily skin
Stop motion rawks
Argh! I can’t get this song out of my head
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! I’ve got a date with a Hot Tub Time Machine.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,