New in Beauty, May 19: Smashbox Gets Lippy, and Philosophy Goes Nuts

So far, 14 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Fieran says:

Karen, regarding the Sephora pore cleansing pad … L’oreal’s 360 range comes with this pad free. According to reviews online, the cleanser isn’t great, but people are keeping the pads 🙂

2. mill says:

hey karen, long time no ‘new in beauty’ post, so when i saw this post i literally gasped in joy! these are my absolute favourite. the duwop angel washes look cute!
    also, the YSL gloss sticks excited me… .until i remembered that they shut down all the YSL’s in my area and replaced them with cle de peau (apparently the YSL counters werent selling anything…? i was buying stuff! lol!) crazy rite?
    anyway keep up the new in beauty posts karen i LOVE them!
    also do you think LUSH will send you the new color supplements and/ or body tint?
    sorry for bomarding you with questions, karen :$

I am interested in the SK Brightening Powder as well. I am so itching to go to Target at lunch today to check it out but I said I would not shop for knickknacks this month anymore since we have another trip + a college graduation + a wedding and a wedding anniversary to go to. Those presents to give are making a dent in my wallet!

So tempthing though!

I’m going to a graduation this weekend and have no idea what to get the graduate (my little brother’s girlfriend). Got any good ideas for me, Nina?

Happy Wednesday!

• Nina says:

The Hubs’ niece is going to be working almost immediately after she graduates (the firm she interned w/ hired her) — so I ended up getting her a Container Store gift card.

Depending on what the new grad will be doing, I find that gift cards are my best bet – can either be a dept store for work appropriate clothes, or a houseware store if she is moving out or away. I dont like giving cash for some reason!

Woohoo Wednesday! 🙂 Happy Wednesday to you too, Karen! 🙂

That’s a good idea. I might get her something for her to buy some interview clothes with!

• Nina says:

Just got back from Target where I eyed and touched but didnt buy the powder. Could not justify buying another powder because I have 2 or 3 halfway done/almost new powders in my dresser.

I did buy 2 Milani Liquifeyes (black and gold) – that means I have all 4 already (brown and silver at home). I like these pencils, quite the dupe for my beloved UD 24x7s and the price point cant be beat. I just wish they had more colors.

I also got 2 Liberty of London tops on clearance. Not sure if im keeping them or giving them to my sister.

The reason for my midday Target raid? A difficult guy here at work trying to flex his muscles again! Ugh! I feel better now – and when I told the boss I had to do a Target run and get a sweet treat bec of aforementioned difficult guy – he laughed out loud and told me I have the patience of a saint! 😀

Me too! I want they to expand into funkier shades.

Sorry to hear about your cranky co-worker! Thank goodness for mid-day makeup runs!!

4. AtelierGal says:

I wish Sonia Kashuk would expand her product line to Asia already T-T
    So many raves and its a hassle to get online
    .-= AtelierGal’s last blog post… [Review] TBS – Born Lippyâ„¢Satsuma Lip Balm =-.

5. Rachel says:

I actually bought the Smashbox lip blush pallette a few months back on QVC (they tend to launch products a bit early). I really like it…that is, I really like how bright it is, but it’s a little bit of an odd consistency, and like most stains, you need a gloss over it. The bright orange is pretty cool and would like nice on darker complexions. These are definitely neon, so beware if want something a little more toned down!