New in Beauty Feb. 24: MAC Tabloid Beauty and Chanel’s New Hydramax + Active Skincare

Heya, ladies. Can you believe it’s already hump day!? It seems like we were just talking about last weekend, doesn’t it?

It stormed hard here yesterday afternoon and last night, but it’s not raining now. Instead there’s a thick layer of fog over everything outside. I can’t even see the places next door… FREAKY!

Have a great day today. Let me know how you’re doing.

So far, 12 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. I recently read about the White Caviar line, and am entirely shocked by the price (especially in this economy!). I wonder how well the line would sell. I read about it because another beauty blogger was using it, and I had to wonder whether she got it for free and she didn’t say in her article.
    .-= Deconstruction’s last blog post… Sale Alert: Exhale Spa, Burberry and Cole Haan =-.

There seems to be a lot of very expensive skincare coming out as of late. I’m guessing it was all in production way before anyone could’ve forecasted the state of the economy. But I suppose if one has an extra $450 sitting around…

2. Kim says:

Hey, at least you had some precipitation. Around these parts, it’s just been frigid… no rain, no snow. Wait, I take that back. I was waiting for the bus two mornings ago and it started snowing!! WTF.

I’m just glad we’re halfway through this week. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and found out I’m super extra duper blind, AND have developed astigmatism. WOOT? Yeah… I need those new glasses to come in, so I can actually see.

How’s your weekend looking? I think we’ll just be ‘laxing and I haven’t cooked in a few days, so maybe I’ll whip up a buffet of items. lol.

Oh girl, I feel your eyesight pain. I’m convinced the internet is making me blind. The old peepers don’t work as well as they used to, that’s for sure.

What do your new glasses look like? Did you go for conservative or edgy?

As for the weekend, El Hub, Tabs and I have some guests visiting from Portland who we haven’t seen in a while, which should be fun. They’re friends who went to our wedding a few years back, and now they have a little baby girl! Yup, Tabs now has a niece…

• Kim says:

Actually, I sit at a computer at work all day, too… so, it’s definitely the interwebs/pc giving your eyesight a run for its money. Did you know they make glasses specifically for when you’re on the computer? CRAZY. They’re supposed to reduce glare and all sorts of things to relieve the stress from your eyes. I might have to pick me up a pair…

These are my current glasses: http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v159/104/7/20616760/n20616760_33635690_1074.jpg

My new ones are just wire frames… I chose them while my eyes were dilated, so who knows what the hell I ACTUALLY chose… but they’re from the Europa Int’l brand, and from the Alternatives collection. They look like these: http://www.europaeye.com/catalog/catalog_product1.asp?p_id=831

My current glasses are DKNY and they were my first “edgy” pair. I’ve always owned some wire frames and I thought “hell, let’s try some chunky frames!” :D I really love them. Hopefully my new ones look cool, lol…

Woohooo HumpDay! That means the weekend is slowly creepin’ in!

We had a lot of rain + hail + flurries last night. And of course – everyone forgot how to drive on the freeways…. I had a tough time getting home.

Im still strangely hyped up … but craving for a Cinnamon Dolce Latte from the `bucks. Might have that for lunch. How bout you?

Im liking the Sonia Kashuk Straight Nature Eye Brush Set (what Nina, more brushes? <– thats the Hubs talking) ….

Just finished breakfast — two slices of whole wheat toast with a whisper (not the usual shout) of Nutella. :) A latte sounds delish, yum, yum!

How’s your day going so far? Hopefully it’s flying by!

• NINA says:

The earlier half of the day did fly by – yay!

And I am having that latte now …. Cant wait til its time to go home. I think were going for a walk tonight (if its not too cold, that is).

I love Nutella too and for some reason its awesome with whole wheat breads of any kind!!!

4. Steph B says:

Sooo glad this week is going quickly. Going to meet my girls for a movie (An Education) and drinks tonight before we get more snow. Spring can’t get here quickly enough!

5. Vanessa H says:

Ohh, the new MAC line has my attention!

I can’t wait for spring either, this rain and cloudy is just obnoxious now lol
    .-= Vanessa H’s last blog post… Steve Madden Won Today =-.

6. Tiffany says:

Hey Karen! I have totally been stalking the Cake stuff on Sephora’s website and waiting for it to be available! :)

I am just relaxing at home, wishing my tummy would feel better :(