New in Beauty Feb. 2: A New Palette from Chanel and Scented Splashes from Marc Jacobs

Rise and shine, morning glories! :) Looks like we got Monday out of the way with nary a scratch (I hope). What’s on your plate for today?

P.S. Update, 9:45 am: I just checked my inbox and found out the MAC Spring Colour Forecasts are now online. There’s eye, lip and cheek products grouped into Pink, Coral, Plum and Amber shades. Methinks the Coral and Pink products are particularly stunning!

So far, 19 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Tavia says:

Hi Karen! Thanks for the beauty news. Here it’s already evening so I’m almost one day ahead of you :)
    .-= Tavia’s last blog post… Brown and Shimmer Smokey Eye Makeup inspired by Illamasqua Android Pure Pigment =-.

2. Toni says:

Thanks for the info, Karen! I am totally in love with the Trish McEvoy Demure collection. I’ve never really given her line much of a look, especially since I would have to go to the mall on the opposite side of town. I’ll have to make the effort to check out this collection though!

Hope you have a great Tuesday! We’re staying warm, trying to help my son feel better, and drinking hot chocolate and coffee! Happy Tuesday!

I tried the Living Proof Shampoo and did not fall in love with it …. might be worth a 2nd try.

That Biscotti perfume is very tempting. :D

Tuesday is still mostly busy … for some reason we are going insane at work. I hope I survive Tuesday … that will take me one step closer to the weekend!

I think if I wore that Biscotti splash my tummy would be rumbling all day. :)

Have a good day — one of the upsides of it being crazy busy is that it’ll go by fast, right?

• Nina says:

Yep yep it did go by pretty fast! Im home, fed and waiting for the Lost thingy to start!

My worry about the Biscotti scent is that I would be hungry all day (like you said) and I might take a bit out of my own arm!!! Kiddin’!!!!

4. Catherine says:

Good morning Karen! Oooh, all the new MJ scents sound amazing – I love Biscotti especially!

Today I got up super early to get to campus with SO. I have a doctor’s appointment in about 15 minutes (so I gotta pack up and head over like NOW lol) but I spent 1/2 of my free morning hour wresting with my internet to get the campus wireless to work. After the appointment I’m headed to the library for a ton of law case reading and bioseparations homework until class from 5-9:30pm. Ugh, right?

On the bright side it’s our 3rd anniversary today. I did a special manicure for it yesterday (sad I have to take it off tomorrow since I have grad school interviews starting Wednesday with dinner). SO unfortunately already has lunch plans but I’m hoping we can at least squeeze in coffee or something.
    .-= Catherine’s last blog post… FOTD: P&J Tango & Strawberry Jam =-.

5. lexi says:

I still have my Marc Jacobs Pear (from 2 yrs ago) and still looks like I haven’t put a dent into it. Apple sounds right up my alley too – ha…so very Asian girl, I know!

6. Frances says:

I can’t wait to smell the new Marc Jacob’s splashes! The Ivy one I bought a while back is still one of my favorite scents ever.

7. Kristin says:

Un a semi-related note!:

Last week you mentioned the Givenchy Mister Eyebrow pencil, and I have to say, it’s transparent waxiness is really doing it for me.

Keeping my not-so-recently-waxed brows well in check. Definitely recommend you check it out!
    .-= Kristin’s last blog post… lady lovelylocks =-.

Oooooh, I really have to sniff the biscotti splash! Preferably with some coffee! ;)

9. Devs says:

The tarte cheek stain is on my wishlist!

10. Steph B says:

I’ve had mixed results with the Living Proof products. Was so happy to see a silicone-free line of no frizz products to help with my soft curls. The curl formula did nothing for me but the straightening formula makes it super easy to straighten my hair. The leave in conditioner works even better than the straightening balm. But, I’m not likely to repurchase because I don’t like the scent and I can feel the stuff in my hair when I run my hands through it.

11. Hyzenthlay says:

My favorite perfume to wear (and my boyfriend’s favorite scent on me) is the MJ Rain splash. I will have to check out the Pomegranate one now . . . I’m not a big fan of the baked goods/sweet scents that are so popular now, but I love fresh clean scents, and I can handle some berry/fruity scents.

12. Cas says:

Mmm mmm, the MJ perfumes look really promising! Will definitely check it out soon IF they have it in KL.
    .-= Cas’s last blog post… Back From The Dead & Frontera Bar & Grill in Jaya One is Dead on My List =-.

13. amy says:

I am intrigued by Marc Jacobs Biscotti, Pomegranate and Apple Splash scents! HMm Biscotti!
    .-= amy’s last blog post… MAC Lillyland Cremeblend Blush Joie-de-Vivre Product Picture, Review and Swatch =-.

14. Jamie Lynn says:

Hey I wanted to let you know that the Macy’s in Corte Madera has the Love Your Lips display up :) Boy is the lighting in there bad though. Blech. I picked up all four glosses, Chelsea Rose and Coral Kiss.

15. diane says:

I hope the Van Cleef & Arpels perfume smells as good as it look, the bottle is so pretty!!

thanks for the links!
    .-= diane’s last blog post… Why do we hate the 90s fashion? =-.